Re: Ellison gone too

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: June 17th, 2022, 10:37 pm This is a disgrace. I posted on here a few weeks back, how little we were paying Big Kev. A cleaner with no experience could expect to earn more than Kev did as a very, very experienced professional footballer.

The club should hold its head in shame.
Hear bloody hear (although I don't know financial details)
I know I'm totally message board reliant BUT....is this club democratically run?

G Guest wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:44 pm He no longer has anything to offer as a FL player. He lives in the wrong place. Maybe he can do something up North. He is a bit of a character but scored just 3 gaols in 33 appearances for County.
That is the harsh reality - we did him a favour it worked for him and us anybody moaning about what we paid him is missing the point he could have said no. Everyone likes a character and he is a great one, his goal at FGR will be remembered but this year was a season too far. Would have been a good coach I think but he is a northerner who has played all his career up north so I get him wanting to go home. Good luck Kev.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: June 17th, 2022, 10:37 pm This is a disgrace. I posted on here a few weeks back, how little we were paying Big Kev. A cleaner with no experience could expect to earn more than Kev did as a very, very experienced professional footballer.

Not a disgrace in the slightest. He was offered a deal, he took it, he knew the wages, he didn’t have to accept

G Guest wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:44 pm He no longer has anything to offer as a FL player. He lives in the wrong place. Maybe he can do something up North. He is a bit of a character but scored just 3 gaols in 33 appearances for County.
Yes 3 goals in 33 games.
But that does't tell the whole picture, and doesn't quite do him justice, many of those games Kev came on with only a few minutes to go.
So it would be better to state goals per minute.

Fu Ming wrote: June 18th, 2022, 10:25 am
Yes 3 goals in 33 games.
But that does't tell the whole picture, and doesn't quite do him justice, many of those games Kev came on with only a few minutes to go.
So it would be better to state goals per minute.
0.56 goals per 90 mins 21/22
0.58 goals per 90 mins 20/21

Thought it was a poor signing at the time and haven't changed my opinion. Would have preferred the money spent on developing young players rather than signing a player of that age and a friend on the manager. Dom Jefferies is a case in point.

His social media activity smacks of petulance and sets a poor example and he didn’t pull up any trees for us glad he’s gone tbh always felt he was overrated