Re: Telford gone

County ranger wrote: June 17th, 2022, 8:55 pm
G Guest wrote: June 17th, 2022, 8:19 pm Any team that lost their last five home games last season has to be concerned about the prospects for next year.

So far as I can see at the moment we have made one quality signing, the guy from Morecambe. The rest of the signings are unproven as yet. I would like to see a couple more proven FL players sign.
The journey men like Fisher, Crofts , Leadbetter , Ledley that Flynn used to sign - why does everyone live under a cloud!
Sorry, you've lost me. What do you mean, living under a cloud? There have been very many experienced players signed over the years who served the club well.

G Guest wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:41 pm
County ranger wrote: June 17th, 2022, 8:55 pm
G Guest wrote: June 17th, 2022, 8:19 pm Any team that lost their last five home games last season has to be concerned about the prospects for next year.

So far as I can see at the moment we have made one quality signing, the guy from Morecambe. The rest of the signings are unproven as yet. I would like to see a couple more proven FL players sign.
The journey men like Fisher, Crofts , Leadbetter , Ledley that Flynn used to sign - why does everyone live under a cloud!
Sorry, you've lost me. What do you mean, living under a cloud? There have been very many experienced players signed over the years who served the club well.
I refer to the constant negativity on this forum - the end of season has little bearing on the coming season personal will be different and what about the end of season away form.

I see. It is very difficult to lose five home games in a row. That should concern us. Our immediate priority should be to prevent that run carrying on into next season. I think that people are becoming worried that the personnel are going to be insufficiently different or insufficiently experienced as FL players to ensure that that will happen.

G Guest wrote: June 18th, 2022, 12:24 pm I see. It is very difficult to lose five home games in a row. That should concern us. Our immediate priority should be to prevent that run carrying on into next season. I think that people are becoming worried that the personnel are going to be insufficiently different or insufficiently experienced as FL players to ensure that that will happen.
Yes quite, this squad just does not look good enough. Where is all this prep by the SD? We need a couple of decent signings to hold our own this year imho. Need them in now! Season starts next month.

lowandhard wrote: June 18th, 2022, 3:08 pm
G Guest wrote: June 18th, 2022, 12:24 pm I see. It is very difficult to lose five home games in a row. That should concern us. Our immediate priority should be to prevent that run carrying on into next season. I think that people are becoming worried that the personnel are going to be insufficiently different or insufficiently experienced as FL players to ensure that that will happen.
Yes quite, this squad just does not look good enough. Where is all this prep by the SD? We need a couple of decent signings to hold our own this year imho. Need them in now! Season starts next month.

Mike, ffs mate, cool your jets. We haven't even started back training yet, that's when we need the players in by, don't worry just yet. :lol:

Exile 1976 wrote: June 18th, 2022, 3:17 pm

Mike, ffs mate, cool your jets. We haven't even started back training yet, that's when we need the players in by, don't worry just yet. :lol:
Did I not read some where JR said the squad would be called back for assessments and training from 22nd June. That's 4 days away. ..

😂 really disappointed, all this chat about preparedness and picking targets and what so far? , very little imho. Simply hoped that we’d be settled early so squad could know each other properly , don’t forget this season starts early this year and league looks stronger than ever. I’ll say so if I’m wrong but not far enough along in the additions department imo.

flat4 wrote: June 18th, 2022, 6:43 pm

Did I not read some where JR said the squad would be called back for assessments and training from 22nd June. That's 4 days away. ..
Yes, that's the date.

Castle Exile wrote: June 19th, 2022, 7:56 pm We've lost arguably our 4 most important players from last season, Telford, Azaz, Cooper & CRB.

If your not concerned at this point you should be.
Go back 1 year ago today 3 of those you mentioned hadn't been signed & We were trying to off lost Telford . Stop the knicker wetting posts just yet