Re: Ellison gone too

[/quote]
Not a disgrace in the slightest. He was offered a deal, he took it, he knew the wages, he didn’t have to accept
[/quote]

My take on it is that County ( and Morecambe before us) took advantage of the guy knowing he didn’t use an agent and had well-documented mental health issues. And then maybe broke the national minimum wage law with what he was offered. Allegedly, according to The Athletic.

Exile 1976 wrote: June 18th, 2022, 10:30 am
Fu Ming wrote: June 18th, 2022, 10:25 am
G Guest wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:44 pm He no longer has anything to offer as a FL player. He lives in the wrong place. Maybe he can do something up North. He is a bit of a character but scored just 3 gaols in 33 appearances for County.
Yes 3 goals in 33 games.
But that does't tell the whole picture, and doesn't quite do him justice, many of those games Kev came on with only a few minutes to go.
So it would be better to state goals per minute.
0.56 goals per 90 mins 21/22
0.58 goals per 90 mins 20/21
Just over 1 goal every 2 games. Not a bad return.

Just for the record I was merely sharing news not passing comment on Ellison leaving. I've always liked him as a player, committed, hard working and loved to wind up the opponent's (and their supporters). When he played against County the "pantomime villain" added to the enjoyment of the game with our supporters getting so riled about his antics.

I think he may have a point about being able to play on, he appears to keep himself fit and he obviously is someone who obviously still loves playing football.

Shouldn’t be a surprise that Kev has left.I mentioned last season that he was a unused sub on about ten occasions towards the end of the season.I would have brought him on last ten minutes in many of those games.JR obviously didn’t rate him as he only had a token couple of minutes at Sutton.There hasn’t been any news on the Development team and,with the likes of Ryan-Phillips and Karbonga being released,it seems that there will not be one this season,bar for the odd friendly.That means there probably wasn’t a coaching role for him and,he still wants to play on it seems.He may also have done his coaching badges at Dragon Park so,there is nothing to prolong a stay in Newport.

lowandhard wrote: June 20th, 2022, 2:21 pm Yes good luck to him. I’m not sure Rowberry understands L2 and didn’t get the fact that at that level Ellison was still capable of affecting games. He was much underused last year, Rowberry has a lot to learn, I hope it’s not at our expense.
I totally agree with your thoughts on Rowberry, he is badly in need of an experienced mentor, similar to the arrangement Flynn had with Lennie Lawrence, or this season could end in tears.
Other League 2 teams are already well advanced with their squad strengthening, and despite rash promises we are worryingly still in the starting blocks for many key positions.
As for Dom, and to a certain extent Kev, it seems that we have players leaving without having necessarily lined up another contract, their action suggesting it’s possibly a case of consideration for any club but Newport.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: June 20th, 2022, 3:22 pm
lowandhard wrote: June 20th, 2022, 2:21 pm Yes good luck to him. I’m not sure Rowberry understands L2 and didn’t get the fact that at that level Ellison was still capable of affecting games. He was much underused last year, Rowberry has a lot to learn, I hope it’s not at our expense.
I totally agree with your thoughts on Rowberry, he is badly in need of an experienced mentor, similar to the arrangement Flynn had with Lennie Lawrence, or this season could end in tears.
Other League 2 teams are already well advanced with their squad strengthening, and despite rash promises we are worryingly still in the starting blocks for many key positions.
As for Dom, and to a certain extent Kev, it seems that we have players leaving without having necessarily lined up another contract, their action suggesting it’s possibly a case of consideration for any club but Newport.
Think this is a fair point. Who is left in the building with managerial experience? I’m willing to give Darren Kelly a chance in his role but he is very much designated as a recruitment figure rather than a coaching one. Either Lawrence or an ex Cardiff figure as a consultant would be nice.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: June 20th, 2022, 3:22 pm
Dom and Kev both have families based up north, so I will be supprised if they don't join clubs at that end of the country.
Also perhaps we are chasing a local player coach?
Would think that the FAW coaching centre at Dragon Park would be a place that they pass through.