Re: Telford gone

Justanordinaryfan wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:15 pm
neilcork68 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:02 pm
Justanordinaryfan wrote: June 20th, 2022, 3:33 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 2:32 pm
Justanordinaryfan wrote: June 20th, 2022, 2:06 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: June 20th, 2022, 1:04 pm
George Street-Bridge wrote: June 20th, 2022, 8:46 am
Fu Ming wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:20 pm Looks like we are being made up of WPL players and Cardiff rejects.
People have been saying for years we should recruit the best players in the WPL and we now have how many, three?
Yeh exactly. I'd have a whole team of WPL and ex-Cardiff players if they were good enough. Why wouldn't you? If we were in the same league as Cardiff then you'd maybe have a point but they're literally leagues ahead of us.
Perhaps I’m being a bit simplistic, but recruit a team of ex WPL players, and imo you get exactly that, a WPL team.

So, your view being that every player in the WPL are only good enough for the WPL? There are many, many, many players playing at a lower level than their abilities that can, will, and do make leaps up the footballing ladder.
No not all muc …. My thoughts were that if a team is full of ex WPL players then that’s the level the team will prob aspire to be … my thoughts maybe not yours ?

Ps I have many Ex WPL players as friends ….. much better players than I’d ever be, but I’d tell them to their faces …. I ain’t paying to watch you !! (Hopefully they’d get me some Comps anyway).

Ps - I was pleasantly surprised with Waite …. But it’s my feeling that I wouldn’t want 11 signings of the same ilk.

I would rather a side made up of 11 players trying to prove they are good enough than 'journeymen ' who's legs have gone
Totally agree mate …. Not necessarily from the WPL though but again only my opinion.
I am not totally against players coming in from non league sides, after all some are good and need the break through.
I don't think we should have too many, because after all they are at a lower level.
In fairness to Terry Wait, last season he made a good fist of it
However since the WLP is largely made up of teams from mid to North Wales, do any or many of them get snaffled up by the likes of Tranmere etc who are a lot closer to the North Wales WLP sides?

G Guest wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:03 pm Even as a non-league team County regularly beat Welsh league opposition in the FAW Premier Cup. I have seen little evidence that WPL teams or their players would be competitive in the FL. I think that it is a dangerous delusion which could get us relegated to think so.
This is my opinion. The lack of action in bringing in replacements is now setting off alarms for me. The lack of experience of this league, a very tough one, needs careful recruitment of experience and youth and a smattering of real quality. Nothing that’s happened so far ( I’ll change my opinion when I’m proved wrong and admit it ) in our dealings this summer convince me that Rowberry and Kelly are up to the job. I won’t be putting any money on our success this season and I fervently hope that my fears will be unfounded but I’m just hoping we’ll maintain our league status.

I am hoping Jr will bring in at least 3 experience proven league 1/2 Players ,2 strikers a must and a midfielder that can mix it up a bit . Been told the Johnny Williams deal stalled and might not happen .there are plenty of proven experience players out there with a lot to offer who will be available , we are paying a SD 45k plus be nice for him to find a gems