Re: Signings?

So the squad looks like this, obvs some duplication:

GK Day, Townsend, (Ovendale)
RB Norman, Aaron Lewis, Bright
LB Adam Lewis, Aaron Lewis, (Twamley)
CB Clarke, Demetriou, Drysdale, Farquharson, Dolan, Bennett, (Woodiwiss)
MF Dolan, Bennett, Willmott, Bowen, Wildig, Waite, (Karadogan)
FW Zanzala, Zimba, Collins, Evans.

Something I like about this summer's signings compared to last is nearly all are young enough to improve.

George Street-Bridge wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 7:23 am So the squad looks like this, obvs some duplication:

GK Day, Townsend, (Ovendale)
RB Norman, Aaron Lewis, Bright
LB Adam Lewis, Aaron Lewis, (Twamley)
CB Clarke, Demetriou, Drysdale, Farquharson, Dolan, Bennett, (Woodiwiss)
MF Dolan, Bennett, Willmott, Bowen, Wildig, Waite, (Karadogan)
FW Zanzala, Zimba, Collins, Evans.

Something I like about this summer's signings compared to last is nearly all are young enough to improve.
I would think/hope a few of those will be out on loan before the time the window shuts. Rowberry may need some wriggle room after the first few matches.

ajs wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 1:20 pm Exclusive: Salford and Newport County in transfer battle for Coventry City player Football League World (Weblog)16:53 Wed, 22 Jun from news now
That's Josh Pask of course. But it doesn't fit with JR saying that he wants a attacking midfielder and a number 9.

G Guest wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 2:13 pm
ajs wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 1:20 pm Exclusive: Salford and Newport County in transfer battle for Coventry City player Football League World (Weblog)16:53 Wed, 22 Jun from news now
That's Josh Pask of course. But it doesn't fit with JR saying that he wants a attacking midfielder and a number 9.
Withe Demetriou, Clarke and Drysdale on the books, I don't see we would need a fourth choice centre half in Pask even if we are playing 3 at the back with Bennett and Dolan also in the squad. Other areas of the pitch seem to have more pressing needs.

Amberexile wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 2:56 pm
Withe Demetriou, Clarke and Drysdale on the books, I don't see we would need a fourth choice centre half in Pask even if we are playing 3 at the back with Bennett and Dolan also in the squad. Other areas of the pitch seem to have more pressing needs.
We have a fourth Priestley , Pask would be a fifth we definitely don't need him with Matty and Benno also capable of slotting in there too

amberbhoy wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 5:22 pm
Amberexile wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 2:56 pm
We have a fourth Priestley , Pask would be a fifth we definitely don't need him with Matty and Benno also capable of slotting in there too
I think Pask would get chosen ahead of Priestly, hence me saying fourth choice. I agree we don't need him.

Percy plunkett wrote: June 24th, 2022, 12:00 am
Beechwood Boy wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 7:39 pm Would like to see another midfielder. Someone who disrupts the opposition and can tackle.
Ny Livermore would have been perfect but,apparently he didn’t train hard enough.
Is that what it was? Still can't believe we released him. I thought he was brilliant every time I watched him play. I don't understand how he can go from breaking into the first team & Wales call-up to being bombed out the club.