Re: New kit

George Street-Bridge wrote: June 27th, 2022, 8:56 am I still have that one and its gets the occasional outing. You wouldn't want to wear it anywhere near a gas leak for fear of striking a spark! :)
You’re thinking of the Tom Witton patchwork home shirt.The shorts were made from the same material as the shirts meaning that they matched perfectly,unlike more recent all Amber kits where the shorts were off the shelf and looked awful against the shirts.That kitman knew a bit about colours and matching did that fella.Whatever happened to him I wonder.

Probably my only disappointment with this year's pre season prep. I understand season tickets taking a while to be released due to the new ticketmaster system but it really feels like we should be getting shirts on shelves as early as April as many clubs already do. It's almost July, and like most years we will be playing pre season games in last year's kit. Disappointing given the close relationship evidently established with Hummel.

landinho wrote: June 27th, 2022, 7:19 pm Probably my only disappointment with this year's pre season prep. I understand season tickets taking a while to be released due to the new ticketmaster system but it really feels like we should be getting shirts on shelves as early as April as many clubs already do. It's almost July, and like most years we will be playing pre season games in last year's kit. Disappointing given the close relationship evidently established with Hummel.
That will never happen as we are small fry to Hummel,or past suppliers as we shift a small amount of shirts,we are down their list of priorities.Friendlies are neither here or there,the season starts first proper game.No one remembers friendlies but,Didn’t the club announce that the home kit will be ready at the end of this month so,likely to be used but without names,nothing wrong with that.

Percy plunkett wrote: June 27th, 2022, 8:03 pm
landinho wrote: June 27th, 2022, 7:19 pm Probably my only disappointment with this year's pre season prep. I understand season tickets taking a while to be released due to the new ticketmaster system but it really feels like we should be getting shirts on shelves as early as April as many clubs already do. It's almost July, and like most years we will be playing pre season games in last year's kit. Disappointing given the close relationship evidently established with Hummel.
That will never happen as we are small fry to Hummel,or past suppliers as we shift a small amount of shirts,we are down their list of priorities.Friendlies are neither here or there,the season starts first proper game.No one remembers friendlies but,Didn’t the club announce that the home kit will be ready at the end of this month so,likely to be used but without names,nothing wrong with that.
That will never happen as we are small fry to Humme

Well, notwithstanding that the Scottish season starts very soon, a lot of the Scots clubs who wear Hummel have already released theirs - are we a smaller club than Ayr Utd? as for some suggesting Castore - they tend to be both pricey and to me look a bit cheap - just my opinion - TBH I'd love Macron back or a bigger name like Nike or go completely left field and use that local brand who do the 'tiny rebel' shirts (TOR) a local company, all ideas of course and easier said than done!

Whilst me might be small fry to Hummel compared to the number of replica kits produced for bigger clubs than ourselves, this should not prohibit Hummel or The County previewing the design.
A company the size of Hummel will have several marketing and design teams working with various clubs.
Our sales forecast would of been submitted or at least based on last seasons sales.
It is highly likely Hummel would of submitted several designs for our board to choose their preferred choice.
These manufacturing companies will have quite a few production lines running, whilst the likes of the Spurs line will be flat out, County's couple thousand will be produced easily in a day or so on limited production line.
Whilst or final sponsors on the kit may not be fully decided yet, it should not be a reason why the concept of the design cannot be revealed.