Re: Message board playing up again

Does that happen these day's? I don't see the point personally, but then again like the majority, I don't have a public image to protect, as I have not chosen to pretend that my views should have enhanced status, simply due to a previous job or where I live, etc.

Reading it again, is Jack saying that? Or has he just stopped admitting new users, while the message board problems were sorted out?

Bangitintrnet wrote: July 10th, 2022, 9:13 am Does that happen these day's? I don't see the point personally, but then again like the majority, I don't have a public image to protect, as I have not chosen to pretend that my views should have enhanced status, simply due to a previous job or where I live, etc.

Reading it again, is Jack saying that? Or has he just stopped admitting new users, while the message board problems were sorted out?
There's a limitation on registration at present;

No free emails can be used to register. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc etc.

The error I've been getting when trying to access the MB has generally been SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] ... already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

Is this a case of hordes of bots, too many people viewing the site but w/o logging in, or a GoDaddy issue?

Of course, it may well be that GoDaddy are just rubbish, but is it only partly their problem at all? I get it that the only way to up the 'max_user_connections' is to ask GoDaddy administrators to do this for you, and they may not be at all responsive. And I ask this (from the point of knowing next to zilch about SQL) because from a Google search of this error message it seems a pretty common issue and not limited to GoDaddy.

Too many open/looping scripts? Database connections not being closed when a viewer leaves the site?

What web hosts do other clubs with a lot more traffic than us use? What plans are they on compared with us?

Jack wrote: July 10th, 2022, 1:26 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: July 10th, 2022, 9:13 am Does that happen these day's? I don't see the point personally, but then again like the majority, I don't have a public image to protect, as I have not chosen to pretend that my views should have enhanced status, simply due to a previous job or where I live, etc.

There's a limitation on registration at present;

No free emails can be used to register. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc etc.
So is the thinking that restrictions, might be causing the issues?