Re: L2 season ticket prices

excessbee wrote: July 11th, 2022, 11:13 am So Wimbledon fans are paying through the nose for their new ground. I expect we will be charged an arm and a leg for a match ticket. Just as well its on Boxing Day and many won't travel. Sutton may lose their number one spot for rip off ticketing.
Never quite understand the beatification of AFC Wimbledon - this somewhat proves that they are a bunch of out of touch of well-off hipsters who made no effort to go to Selhurst park (hardly an inaccessible place with the decent transport clinks in London) and the inability to make the cognitive step that it’s not MK Dons fault that the FA mucked up. Perhaps a hint of jealously and bitterness there too as we are the ‘original’ phoenix club but AFC Wimbledon captured the zeitgeist in the early age of the internet and Newport AFC/County [MKII] have gotten nowhere near the credit/publicity we deserve.

A somewhat harsh appraisal of AFC Wimbledon I admit but just hate the sycophancy of the love many fans/media have with them – they were screwed over by dubious owners (join the queue!) and reformed (pah! We beat you by about 12 years!) and are now the club du jour of the edgy ‘alternative’ fans – an English St Pauli if you like (don’t get me started on the faux ‘alternative’ SPFC!)

Rant over and good to see that while football remains rather expensive to follow at least Country are lower down the list.