Re: Welsh Teams in Europe.

It’s probably relevant that Sligo are 20 odd games into their own league season. They are match fit and Motherwell probably weren’t. Even the bit o’ red manager has said that he thinks Motherwell will work out how to beat them in the second leg. That may be realistic, but if there was ever a time for positive action it must be now for them. They need to go for it. Nothing to lose.

pembsexile wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 7:55 am It’s probably relevant that Sligo are 20 odd games into their own league season. They are match fit and Motherwell probably weren’t. Even the bit o’ red manager has said that he thinks Motherwell will work out how to beat them in the second leg. That may be realistic, but if there was ever a time for positive action it must be now for them. They need to go for it. Nothing to lose.
Surely these are Irish and Scottish teams in Europe ? 🤔🙂

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 10:48 am Stan - I see Sligo have just sold their GK to ‘my other team’ Oxford in a cut-price deal.

Several League 1 teams eg Oxford, MK Dons, Bolton, Fleetwood seem to be all over the Irish league picking up bargains. Shame County can’t do the same.
Aidan Keena who scored last night, is one hell of a player. He and McGinty, the 'keeper signed by Oxford were/are Sligo's standout players. Alfie Hale, Tony Byrne, Mark Byrne, Mark O'Brien and Podge. County have not done too badly signing Paddy's.

pembsexile wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 7:55 am It’s probably relevant that Sligo are 20 odd games into their own league season. They are match fit and Motherwell probably weren’t. Even the bit o’ red manager has said that he thinks Motherwell will work out how to beat them in the second leg. That may be realistic, but if there was ever a time for positive action it must be now for them. They need to go for it. Nothing to lose.
Hi Mike,
I thought that this being well into the season for Sligo might have been the reason for this result. However last Thursday Bala played Sligo off the park and frankly the footballing gods must have had it in for them. And if Welsh part-timers were cleary match fit then no excuse for Motherwell.

Funny old game Saint. 😊

Morning Brendan. Like the link. Saint was born in Motherwell and played for them for a number of years before being transferred to another club. Wonder if he made a success of it?

Bala haven’t really started yet either. Just Newtown left for Wales and they are 1-4 down after one leg from what I can see. I like to see the underdogs do well, but…..

pembsexile wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 8:44 am Morning Brendan. Like the link. Saint was born in Motherwell and played for them for a number of years before being transferred to another club. Wonder if he made a success of it?

Bala haven’t really started yet either. Just Newtown left for Wales and they are 1-4 down after one leg from what I can see. I like to see the underdogs do well, but…..
TNS have only been knocked out once so are still in but dropped down to the Europa Conference now, 2 down from away leg.

Amberexile wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 9:25 pm
pembsexile wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 8:44 am Morning Brendan. Like the link. Saint was born in Motherwell and played for them for a number of years before being transferred to another club. Wonder if he made a success of it?

TNS have only been knocked out once so are still in but dropped down to the Europa Conference now, 2 down from away leg.
Quite correct, I hadn’t seen that. They are playing Viking Rejkavic at home on Tuesday evening. Strange kick off time - 18:15.

pembsexile wrote: July 24th, 2022, 8:19 am

Quite correct, I hadn’t seen that. They are playing Viking Rejkavic at home on Tuesday evening. Strange kick off time - 18:15.
Save using flood lights?

pembsexile wrote: July 24th, 2022, 8:19 am

It could be TV are calling the shots regarding kick off times ? It may be being shown in Icelandic TV

TNS drew 0-0 with Vikingur Reykjavik last night, 0-2 on aggregate. They started well but after about 15 minutes Vikingur took charge and bossed midfield, missing two absolute sitters. The 3G surface played really well and looked like it might be newly relaid.

Josh Pask played 90 minutes as right-sided defender and apart from rare corners seemed never to cross halfway. I didn't realise TNS's manager coached him in the youth team at West Ham.