Re: Exiles Grandstand Sutton away

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: July 30th, 2022, 2:26 pm Townsend got the shout then. I think it’s the right decision but I’m still surprised.
Me too. I have had a soft spot for Townsend since his reaction to the Southampton game. He was by accounts distraught after the drubbing. As he should have been, he had a shocker. However that he was distraught shows he cares and his reaction to that humiliation in fighting back shows character.

And as every football fan knows, so long as players give of their best, that's all we ask.

flat4 wrote: July 30th, 2022, 2:26 pmm
Percy plunkett wrote: July 30th, 2022, 2:17 pm Interesting to see Evans selected at LWB ahead of Adam and Aaron Lewis.I saw him play about 15 times live for Cardiff MU and always as AM,either down the middle or running the channels or,supporting the lone frontman.Never saw him play LWB.
Is he covering for Clarke I wonder, he is not available today due to incurring a hip injury in the pre season games and PF is not expected back for another 2 weeks.
Clarke plays right of a back 3, won't be covering for him. He's playing left wing back instead of either of the Lewis'
Last edited by Ugo. on July 30th, 2022, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ugo. wrote: July 30th, 2022, 3:04 pm
flat4 wrote: July 30th, 2022, 2:57 pm Expect to see a change of formation from the kick off, 5 in the middle is to cramped.
Which 5 are in the middle? 3 at the back. Wing backs will be higher up the when attacking, leaving 3 in the middle with Bennett holding.
It looks like JR is still playing the same tactics he employed at the end of last season.