Re: Exiles Grandstand Sutton away

excessbee wrote: July 30th, 2022, 5:55 pm Well, Sutton fans are going to have a long season. They've ditched all style in favour of filling the pitch with giants and hoping something falls for them in the box. We played better in the second half. Best performers were Evans and Zanzala.
I don't remember them having much style last season, but definitely improved their thuggery in the interim

wattsville_boy wrote: July 30th, 2022, 4:03 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: July 30th, 2022, 3:51 pm Walsall are playing what could well turn out to be a poor Hartlepool side.
Barrow having a decent start. ? How many had them among favourites for relegation.

The EFL leagues are always close. Good/Bad start sometimes is an indication for those that will do okay or have a poor season.
Me. I had them as 23rd. But, I didn’t have Stockport as promotion candidates either. This league is going to be very tight this year.

I was at the game yesterday, here are my views:
Even game but we didn't attack the match to try to win until the 80th minute and it was winnable.
We had no width on the park at all.
The new boys, Evans is NOT a wing back, he cannot defend and we missed his attacking game. Drysdale was solid but missed his tackle on the right before their goal. Zinzala looked really good and pacey. my MOTM. Bogle and him should be a nice partnership. Bowen and Wilding were annoymous not really doing much.

The old boys Townsend made some good saves, Demetriou was outstanding at the back and his long throws have gained an extra ten yards, Dolan was Dolan, Bennett looked far too slow.
We should have moved Evans to left up front for pace and width and brought Waite on for his inventiveness. There seemed to be a huge space between front two and midfield.
Great away attendance of 483 despite a rail strike who were very vocal.