Re: Anymore coming in?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: July 26th, 2022, 9:27 pm
County ranger wrote: July 26th, 2022, 7:34 pm
landinho wrote: July 26th, 2022, 5:19 pm We won't be re-signing Timmy Abraham. Interesting move by Flynn https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2022/ju ... -saddlers/
Glad to see Flynn wasting someone else’s budget rather than ours
Personally I more concerned about whether Rowberry will be 'wasting' our budget this season and with less on field success than Flynn.
Rowberry signings to date a notable improvement on Flynn days.

County ranger wrote: July 30th, 2022, 8:40 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: July 26th, 2022, 9:27 pm
County ranger wrote: July 26th, 2022, 7:34 pm
landinho wrote: July 26th, 2022, 5:19 pm We won't be re-signing Timmy Abraham. Interesting move by Flynn https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2022/ju ... -saddlers/
Glad to see Flynn wasting someone else’s budget rather than ours
Personally I more concerned about whether Rowberry will be 'wasting' our budget this season and with less on field success than Flynn.
Rowberry signings to date a notable improvement on Flynn days.
Surely that will be decided by where we finish at the end of the season or Rowbwrry's tenure.. If we don't make the play-offs or better with Rowberry's signings, as we did twice with Flynn's, how can they possibly be viewed as an improvement.
Of course I hope they do prove themselves as such, but I won't be jumping to any conclusions after one game.

Flynn signed a lot of players which included at least 5 loan players each season. Yes they got to the play offs twice but each season became a rebuild at cost as the loan players left, had they won promotion there would have a very expensive rebuild. Up to now JR has only signed two loan players and only one was used yesterday, I believe he is more concerned with developing a side that should it achieve promotion the majority of the players would cope with league one, at least I hope he is.

ajs wrote: July 31st, 2022, 12:07 pm Flynn signed a lot of players which included at least 5 loan players each season. Yes they got to the play offs twice but each season became a rebuild at cost as the loan players left, had they won promotion there would have a very expensive rebuild. Up to now JR has only signed two loan players and only one was used yesterday, I believe he is more concerned with developing a side that should it achieve promotion the majority of the players would cope with league one, at least I hope he is.
I hope so too. Of course that longer term vision will depend very much on the patience of the board and supporters, and if Rowberry stays if a 'better' offer comes along.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: August 4th, 2022, 10:31 am Anthony Hartigan is still available, released by AFC Wimbledon. He did well during his loan here in 20-21 I felt.
I gather from a good friend who has an AFCW season ticket and is relatively well-informed that Hartigan had a massive attitude problem and was getting all Billy Big B*llocks about the summer move he was going to make to the second tier, which clearly didn't materialise in the end and saw him alienate a lot of people in the process. My mate's advice was "steer clear"!