Re: Where has all the seating gone.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: August 1st, 2022, 10:58 pm Copied from the Walsall forum:-

Ticket for City's trip to Newport County on
Saturday April 2, 3pm are now SOLD OUT.
The full allocation of 1,031 tickets for this
fixture of which 422 are covered seating (Bisley
Stand) and 609 uncovered seating (PureVans
South Stand) sold out on Wednesday, March 9.
THank you for your support.

Could be interesting if half the seating is missing

I read that too, but the clue is, it's dated April and it mentions CITY. It's a copy of an Exeter message, which was just to show the capacity of our away area as 1031

excessbee wrote: August 1st, 2022, 11:39 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: August 1st, 2022, 10:58 pm Copied from the Walsall forum:-

I read that too, but the clue is, it's dated April and it mentions CITY. It's a copy of an Exeter message, which was just to show the capacity of our away area as 1031
Good spot.
Well it now looks as though we must have money to burn, as those missing seats are going to cost us at least £7000 in lost revenue for this Saturday alone.

The other issue is complying with the following EFL rule:-
EFL Rules on away fans
34.2. 1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club's certified capacity, if less than 2,000.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 6:33 am

Good spot.
Well it now looks as though we must have money to burn, as those missing seats are going to cost us at least £7000 in lost revenue for this Saturday alone.

The other issue is that we will not be complying with the following EFL rule:-

34.2. 1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club's certified capacity, if less than 2,000.

As per usual on this forum when something like this happens the there are plenty of contributors who add fuel to the fire with all manner of inane suggestions as to why part of the away terraces are missing.
Comments like "I read it somewhere or I was told" have no substance, unless backed up with supporting data.
Where the Club and RP continually fall down is in their disregard for relaying information out to the fans and public who attend RP for both codes.
I find this contempt of the public totally and utterly reprehensible.
It does not take much too put out a few lines in the press, websites etc as to why this has happened, what is planned to rectify it and potential time scales.
So come on NCAFC and RP it is time to unsheathe the sword of truth from the scabbarb of secrecy.

Fu Ming wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 10:28 am As per usual on this forum when something like this happens the there are plenty of contributors who add fuel to the fire with all manner of inane suggestions as to why part of the away terraces are missing.
Comments like "I read it somewhere or I was told" have no substance, unless backed up with supporting data.
Where the Club and RP continually fall down is in their disregard for relaying information out to the fans and public who attend RP for both codes.
It does not take much too put out a few lines in the press, websites etc as to why this has happened, what is planned to rectify it and potential time scales.
So come on NCAFC and RP it is time to unsheathe the sword of truth from the scabbarb of secrecy.
Couldn't have put it better

Fu Ming wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 10:28 am As per usual on this forum when something like this happens the there are plenty of contributors who add fuel to the fire with all manner of inane suggestions as to why part of the away terraces are missing.
All the above is of cource subject to others control, and until firm information can be confirmed.

It may be that that the condition of the stand parts are being checked, to see if it is a cheap fix, or if it would be better to wait until the summer sporting events finish, to see if another could be sourced cheaper.

Fixed terracing may well require planning consent, as well as consent from the owners.

There will be a few things to consider, and the bottom line is that we have to have a crowd bigger than 6070 for it to be a league issue. With most local clubs being promoted last year, it is probably a good a time for it to happen as any.

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 11:26 am
All the above is of cource subject to others control, and until firm information can be confirmed.

It may be that that the condition of the stand parts are being checked, to see if it is a cheap fix, or if it would be better to wait until the summer sporting events finish, to see if another could be sourced cheaper.

Fixed terracing may well require planning consent, as well as consent from the owners.

There will be a few things to consider, and the bottom line is that we have to have a crowd bigger than 6070 for it to be a league issue. With most local clubs being promoted last year, it is probably a good a time for it to happen as any.
Everything you say is correct. But you are missing the point that Old Cromwellian makes eloquently.

As a fans owned club it is beyond me why those who have the privilege of having charge of our club seem to think that it is acceptable not to communicate with the supporters.

I know it is slightly different for rugby but I have never really understood why RP football official capacity is as low as it is. It looks like it could cater for a few more thousand than it actually does. It does make you wonder how on earth RP had its biggest ever gate of 31,000 for rugby. It’s just as odd that it is that high as it is odd that the football capacity is low. Where on earth did they all stand/sit?

Ok I appreciate that I’m opening myself up for a load of knives to be thrown my way …. But here goes … If those pictures hadn’t been circulated yesterday 99% of us wouldn’t be aware of the issue (I know I wouldn’t be) and on here now mentioning it …. I appreciate I was ridiculed for using the phrase “I read it somewhere” but Someone has stated that the club or WRU are rectifying it as I type …. If by Saturday the issue is resolved and the away allocation is unaffected then what’s the story ??

Surely the club should/could/will inform us appropriately if the issue isn’t rectified ?? and therefore ££s affected.

Now running to the shed to hide from all the normal happy clapping scathing vitriol to come my way.

I’m big and ugly enough don’t worry.