Re: Where has all the seating gone.

Justanordinaryfan wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 12:51 pm Ok I appreciate that I’m opening myself up for a load of knives to be thrown my way …. But here goes … If those pictures hadn’t been circulated yesterday 99% of us wouldn’t be aware of the issue (I know I wouldn’t be) and on here now mentioning it …. I appreciate I was ridiculed for using the phrase “I read it somewhere” but Someone has stated that the club or WRU are rectifying it as I type …. If by Saturday the issue is resolved and the away allocation is unaffected then what’s the story ??

Surely the club should/could/will inform us appropriately if the issue isn’t rectified ?? and therefore ££s affected.

Now running to the shed to hide from all the normal happy clapping scathing vitriol to come my way.

I’m big and ugly enough don’t worry.
For me the problem is that this keeps happening. If we are serious about being a club where the fans have control, then those supporters need to be kept informed. Nobody expects or should expect, perfection from those with charge of our club. But the levels of secrecy around anything pertaining to off the pitch matters at Newport County is farcical.

Old Cromwellian nailed it. A few lines on the official website. Why seating had been removed, when or if we hoped to have it replaced. That's all that was required.

I get both points, but we don’t know (& let’s be honest “we” don’t need to know …. We’ll I certainly don’t need to) what the Walsall fans have been informed … they may have been informed there is no issue and they will have a full allocation ? If that picture hadn’t been circulated (and that’s the only slight criticism of the club maybe) we wouldn’t be having this conversation and come Saturday when over 1000 Walsall fans turn up we’d be none the wiser and nor would we have had to be.

Now if come Saturday we turn up and there’s only half an away end with 600 visitors, and the club say nothing, then maybe I’d be in agreement ?

Perhaps I’m just a simpleton.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 1:10 pm
Justanordinaryfan wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 12:51 pm Ok I appreciate that I’m opening myself up for a load of knives to be thrown my way …. But here goes … If those pictures hadn’t been circulated yesterday 99% of us wouldn’t be aware of the issue (I know I wouldn’t be) and on here now mentioning it …. I appreciate I was ridiculed for using the phrase “I read it somewhere” but Someone has stated that the club or WRU are rectifying it as I type …. If by Saturday the issue is resolved and the away allocation is unaffected then what’s the story ??

Surely the club should/could/will inform us appropriately if the issue isn’t rectified ?? and therefore ££s affected.

Now running to the shed to hide from all the normal happy clapping scathing vitriol to come my way.

I’m big and ugly enough don’t worry.
For me the problem is that this keeps happening. If we are serious about being a club where the fans have control, then those supporters need to be kept informed. Nobody expects or should expect, perfection from those with charge of our club. But the levels of secrecy around anything pertaining to off the pitch matters at Newport County is farcical.

Old Cromwellian nailed it. A few lines on the official website. Why seating had been removed, when or if we hoped to have it replaced. That's all that was required.
Not necessarily in this case, but I often get the impression that some get a kick out of being in the know whilst the majority are in the dark.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 11:41 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 11:26 am
Fu Ming wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 10:28 am As per usual on this forum when something like this happens the there are plenty of contributors who add fuel to the fire with all manner of inane suggestions as to why part of the away terraces are missing.
Comments like "I read it somewhere or I was told" have no substance, unless backed up with supporting data.
Where the Club and RP continually fall down is in their disregard for relaying information out to the fans and public who attend RP for both codes.
I find this contempt of the public totally and utterly reprehensible.
It does not take much too put out a few lines in the press, websites etc as to why this has happened, what is planned to rectify it and potential time scales.
So come on NCAFC and RP it is time to unsheathe the sword of truth from the scabbarb of secrecy.
All the above is of cource subject to others control, and until firm information can be confirmed.

It may be that that the condition of the stand parts are being checked, to see if it is a cheap fix, or if it would be better to wait until the summer sporting events finish, to see if another could be sourced cheaper.

Fixed terracing may well require planning consent, as well as consent from the owners.

There will be a few things to consider, and the bottom line is that we have to have a crowd bigger than 6070 for it to be a league issue. With most local clubs being promoted last year, it is probably a good a time for it to happen as any.
Everything you say is correct. But you are missing the point that Old Cromwellian makes eloquently.

As a fans owned club it is beyond me why those who have the privilege of having charge of our club seem to think that it is acceptable not to communicate with the supporters.
Perhaps because they have yet to make a decision and are still considering the options?
There's no particular rush, and it needs to be discussed with other parties

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 1:28 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 11:41 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 11:26 am
Fu Ming wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 10:28 am As per usual on this forum when something like this happens the there are plenty of contributors who add fuel to the fire with all manner of inane suggestions as to why part of the away terraces are missing.
Comments like "I read it somewhere or I was told" have no substance, unless backed up with supporting data.
Where the Club and RP continually fall down is in their disregard for relaying information out to the fans and public who attend RP for both codes.
I find this contempt of the public totally and utterly reprehensible.
It does not take much too put out a few lines in the press, websites etc as to why this has happened, what is planned to rectify it and potential time scales.
So come on NCAFC and RP it is time to unsheathe the sword of truth from the scabbarb of secrecy.
All the above is of cource subject to others control, and until firm information can be confirmed.

It may be that that the condition of the stand parts are being checked, to see if it is a cheap fix, or if it would be better to wait until the summer sporting events finish, to see if another could be sourced cheaper.

Fixed terracing may well require planning consent, as well as consent from the owners.

There will be a few things to consider, and the bottom line is that we have to have a crowd bigger than 6070 for it to be a league issue. With most local clubs being promoted last year, it is probably a good a time for it to happen as any.
Everything you say is correct. But you are missing the point that Old Cromwellian makes eloquently.

As a fans owned club it is beyond me why those who have the privilege of having charge of our club seem to think that it is acceptable not to communicate with the supporters.
Perhaps because they have yet to make a decision and are still considering the options?
There's no particular rush, and it needs to be discussed with other parties
Perhaps. And if that is the case, then simply communicate that. The problem I have is the simply ridiculous inability of the club to keep the owners informed and involved.

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 3:06 pm As its more an issue for the local clubs who might, but not always bring more than 607.
I personally would prefer this to be discussed with all options on the table myself, rather than have all and sundry voicing their opinions on something that effects the supporters of away clubs only.
I think home supporters voicing their opinions on matters concerning away supporters shows a healthy respect for visiting fans. Clubs like FGR show little consideration for away fans. I wouldn't want us to be in that category.

Surely it's a non-story? Some seats were removed after the last home match and are being replaced before the next home match, so match days are unaffected - why does that need an official announcement from the club?