Re: The lease

Amberexile wrote: August 8th, 2022, 2:12 pm Speculation now that Coventry will play their League Cup match on Wednesday at a neutral ground. Apparently 60 tonnes of sand has not resolved the issue, I think we could have told them that
I find it unbelievable that Boddy didn’t tell them that or played any role in that ?

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 7th, 2022, 10:25 pm Apparently they held the Commonwealth Games Rugby Sevens there, lots of games over a three day period. That must have caused the problems, as last time we played there, they had sprinklers out after the game, and a light gantry overnight. I know because I stayed at the hotel which is part of the ground.

I assume they are hopeful that the games will pay for a new pitch to be laid.
Quite.
That's the problem with 'renting' a ground. The landlords can f@ck you over for extra cash for themselves and there's nothing you can do.
Glad I've converted you. Hopefully it won't be too long before orhers see the light.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 8th, 2022, 2:23 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 7th, 2022, 10:25 pm Apparently they held the Commonwealth Games Rugby Sevens there, lots of games over a three day period. That must have caused the problems, as last time we played there, they had sprinklers out after the game, and a light gantry overnight. I know because I stayed at the hotel which is part of the ground.

I assume they are hopeful that the games will pay for a new pitch to be laid.
Quite.
That's the problem with 'renting' a ground. The landlords can f@ck you over for extra cash for themselves and there's nothing you can do.
Glad I've converted you. Hopefully it won't be too long before orhers see the light.
I see you still think its appropriate to tell others what their opinion is.......

You will of course note that County are not in the same position as Coventry, as our landlord has arranged for a million pound pitch, along with other expenditure, which will bring us more income.
Some f@ch over that, from a landlord who you have expected to screw us since day one, because thats what your legal training tells you.

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 8th, 2022, 2:51 pm

I see you still think its appropriate to tell others what their opinion is.......

You will of course note that County are not in the same position as Coventry, as our landlord has arranged for a million pound pitch, along with other expenditure, which will bring us more income.
Some f@ch over that, from a landlord who you have expected to screw us since day one, because thats what your legal training tells you.
Sorry old chap. In pointing out how Coventry City had been f@cked over by the owners of the Richo I thought that you had seen the light and were showing strength of character.

It now seems sadly that you merely scored an own goal. Demetriou'd as I believe it's now called. :grin:

It's not the Ricoh, and it is the Council that part own it, and responsible for the pitch.

Remind me who is your preferred owner, Oh, the Council who can't afford to run the things that they are obligated to run, nevermind things that they have no obligation to.
Never mind, you stick to your fantasy world of County are Fecked and only you can save them, every month as you have since 1989.

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 8th, 2022, 4:10 pm It's not the Ricoh, and it is the Council that part own it, and responsible for the pitch.

Remind me who is your preferred owner, Oh, the Council who can't afford to run the things that they are obligated to run, nevermind things that they have no obligation to.
Never mind, you stick to your fantasy world of County are Fecked and only you can save them, every month as you have since 1989.
Believe me old chap, you ogged, Demetriou'd, stuck one in the back of your own net. Do yourself a favour, stop drawing attention to your error.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 8th, 2022, 9:56 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 8th, 2022, 4:10 pm It's not the Ricoh, and it is the Council that part own it, and responsible for the pitch.

Believe me old chap, you ogged, Demetriou'd, stuck one in the back of your own net. Do yourself a favour, stop drawing attention to your error.

Can't cope with a forum can you? Can't discuss anything without returning to the playground.
At least we are no longer paying for you and another failure to slug it out, producing absolutely nothing of value.

Amberexile wrote: August 8th, 2022, 2:12 pm Speculation now that Coventry will play their League Cup match on Wednesday at a neutral ground. Apparently 60 tonnes of sand has not resolved the issue, I think we could have told them that
It's now going to be played at Burton Albion. I've just read the statement from Coventry (Dave Boddy) in which he responds to fans asking why they couldn't have simply played their first two matches away by saying it's not possible because of EFL rules about sequencing of matches. Well, we were allowed to do it last season by switching the Mansfield match from home to away.

It’s pretty obvious that if ground sharing is to be the preferred option for a club, then good stadium/pitch management is essential. We had a problem and it got resolved. Coventry now have that problem. Swansea apparently have never had that problem. Sound management and financial capability is required.

pembsexile wrote: August 13th, 2022, 11:41 am It’s pretty obvious that if ground sharing is to be the preferred option for a club, then good stadium/pitch management is essential. We had a problem and it got resolved. Coventry now have that problem. Swansea apparently have never had that problem. Sound management and financial capability is required.
Exactly, Coventry signed a lease with the 50% Council owned Ricoch for 10 years, but took the piss on paying their rent. The Stadium had control of the income from tickets, and that caused the despute.

Wasps purchased the ground but don't have the income to fund repayment of the purchase, let alone invest in a new pitch.

Thankfully we have a new pitch and no lease, which IMHO is perfect.