Re: Complaining about BOD & Sporting Director

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 18th, 2022, 12:48 pm Just to remind you Newport County is a business, and needs to be run as a business.

So please remind us of the benefits of being voted into a position of power beyond personal capabilities. 3 weeks ago this Country had no great issues with interest rates.............
Any business is accountable to it's shareholders.

Either the decision to sack Rowberry was made by all the directors or it was made by a small group. My question as a shareholder is which is it?

Now where you have a point is that the decision to sack Rowberry is for the directors of the club. Not for the shareholders. That I agree with. What I would find problematic is if an inner group of directors acting alone made the decision.

As you say three weeks ago there was no problem with interest rates. Then two people acting alone and not discussing their actions with the other directors/members of the cabinet succeeded in totally f@cking up the UK economy.

You really should think your arguments through.

Please explain why it is problematic to have those directors with experience, including knowledge of who is likely to be attracted to a Newport County managerial role, before making any decision on something that commits the club to several years of expenditure.
As usual your very good at spending money on the basis of openness, not business accumen, just like the Conservative government.

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 18th, 2022, 1:25 pm Please explain why it is problematic to have those directors with experience, including knowledge of who is likely to be attracted to a Newport County managerial role, before making any decision on something that commits the club to several years of expenditure.
As usual your very good at spending money on the basis of openness, not business accumen, just like the Conservative government.
I know which directors should make the decisions and which directors should be excluded because I know.

Except I don't.

That's the problem. People can stand for election to the board of Newport County but Gavin, Kevin and Shaun know best and will always make the decisions.

lowandhard wrote: October 17th, 2022, 11:43 am Apart from County Chat I’m not a big visitor to Facebook. However, if you visit Jon Pratt’s page, it is obvious he is a real fan with the usual fan weaknesses for County shirts and iFollow problems when watching from Miami. I really don’t know whether he’s an imposter with hardly a red cent to his name but I tend to doubt that’s the case as others on chat claim to know him. Either way there’s no cost in listening to his approach and here I agree with most, with scepticism.
Anyone remember Jerry Sherman, seen what has happened at Aldershot some years ago and recently Bury and Oldham. The Board have a responsibility to verify the motives, funding and capacity to execute a deal before fully engaging with unsolicited approaches. The fact this campaign is going via Facebook I question whether it has legs.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 18th, 2022, 1:34 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: October 18th, 2022, 1:25 pm Please explain why it is problematic to have those directors with experience, including knowledge of who is likely to be attracted to a Newport County managerial role, before making any decision on something that commits the club to several years of expenditure.
I know which directors should make the decisions and which directors should be excluded because I know.

Except I don't.

That's the problem. People can stand for election to the board of Newport County but Gavin, Kevin and Shaun know best and will always make the decisions.
How do you know this?

County ranger wrote: October 18th, 2022, 1:41 pm
lowandhard wrote: October 17th, 2022, 11:43 am Apart from County Chat I’m not a big visitor to Facebook. However, if you visit Jon Pratt’s page, it is obvious he is a real fan with the usual fan weaknesses for County shirts and iFollow problems when watching from Miami. I really don’t know whether he’s an imposter with hardly a red cent to his name but I tend to doubt that’s the case as others on chat claim to know him. Either way there’s no cost in listening to his approach and here I agree with most, with scepticism.
Anyone remember Jerry Sherman, seen what has happened at Aldershot some years ago and recently Bury and Oldham. The Board have a responsibility to verify the motives, funding and capacity to execute a deal before fully engaging with unsolicited approaches. The fact this campaign is going via Facebook I question whether it has legs.
It isn’t! The man in question has said he has approached in the normal business manner of confidentiality, disclosure of accounts etc, he’s a successful businessman ffs, he isn’t going to disclose his bank references on Facebook.

lowandhard wrote: October 18th, 2022, 2:27 pm
It isn’t! The man in question has said he has approached in the normal business manner of confidentiality, disclosure of accounts etc, he’s a successful businessman ffs, he isn’t going to disclose his bank references on Facebook.
So why is he discussing it on Facebook?
Very few openly chuck money into football for no reason. We had Les Scadding in 110 years.
Other clubs have suffered from the owners wanting their money back before relinquishing control.
If we can't find a manager, what hope of finding someone to pay back an "investment"
See Wasps, Worcester and Wimbledon for recent examples.

I find it amusing that, having supposedly gone down the professional route of dialogue, it then reverts to Facebook to try the back door route.

Didn't a supposed Holdsworth approach some years ago go that way as well?

Notwithstanding - the American model of football 'investment' is to lever with debt against future earnings eg EFL revenues.

No club assets?

Not a problem if your landlord will sell you RP (they absolutely will if the price is right)
And then you have a remote investor, owning the ground and calling all the shots.

I luvs a conspiracy theory I does.....

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 18th, 2022, 3:03 pm
lowandhard wrote: October 18th, 2022, 2:27 pm
So why is he discussing it on Facebook?
Very few openly chuck money into football for no reason. We had Les Scadding in 110 years.
Other clubs have suffered from the owners wanting their money back before relinquishing control.
If we can't find a manager, what hope of finding someone to pay back an "investment"
See Wasps, Worcester and Wimbledon for recent examples.
Why? Because he’s a member of County chat. He’s in dialogue with a board member according to that. He’s said no more than that, it’s not the first time he’s posted there on other matters. I don’t know whether this is a viable proposition or not but all avenues should be explored. I have just enough confidence in the board that they won’t flog the club for $10 !

Exile 1976 wrote: October 18th, 2022, 3:23 pm This Facebook wannabe ‘investor’ has made 10’s of millions of dollars in the US apparently
If I were on the board of Newport County this would be my reply.

Dear Mr Potential Investor,

Thank you for your letter of the 15th inst.

As you are aware we are a fans owned club and as such whilst we on the board of directors make day to day decisions, such a change of direction would need the consent of the Trust members.

As you will further be aware, before we could even consider putting it to our members, to whom we all have a fiduciary duty, we would need to be sure of both your intentions and perhaps more importantly that the funds you claim to be able to put into our club are available. Again you will no doubt be aware of an extraordinary set of events some years ago concerning an American 'businessman' by the name of Jerry Sherman. In those circumstances we are sure that you will not take offence if we procede with great caution.

Nonetheless, if your proposals are as set out in your initial communication it would be amiss of us not to examine this as a potential way forward for Newport County.

Could I suggest you contact the club secretary on 01633 0000 in order to arrange a mutually convenient time and place for an initial exploratory meeting.

Sincerely yours,

Stanley A. Einstein.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 18th, 2022, 3:42 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: October 18th, 2022, 3:23 pm This Facebook wannabe ‘investor’ has made 10’s of millions of dollars in the US apparently

As you are aware we are a fans owned club and as such whilst we on the board of directors make day to day decisions, such a change of direction would need the consent of the Trust members.

As you will further be aware, before we could even consider putting it to our members, to whom we all have a fiduciary duty, we would need to be sure of both your intentions and perhaps more importantly that the funds you claim to be able to put into our club are available. Again you will no doubt be aware of an extraordinary set of events some years ago concerning an American 'businessman' by the name of Jerry Sherman. In those circumstances we are sure that you will not take offence if we procede with great caution.

Nonetheless, if your proposals are as set out in your initial communication it would be amiss of us not to examine this as a potential way forward for Newport County.

Could I suggest you contact the club secretary on 01633 0000 in order to arrange a mutually convenient time and place for an initial exploratory meeting.

Sincerely yours,

Stanley A. Einstein.

Again how does the club pay back such an "investment" or does the apitome of small business think it would be a gift?

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 18th, 2022, 3:54 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 18th, 2022, 3:42 pm

Sincerely yours,

Stanley A. Einstein.

Again how does the club pay back such an "investment" or do you think it would be a gift?
I have no idea. That's why I would initiate exploratory talks. As a self employed barrister I was the absolute epitome of a small businessman. Those of us who have run a business know that when given a proposition it is clever to be sceptical and stupid to reject out of hand.