Re: Oh No Not Another Wales Defeat

Good job Wrexham are playing well.
County and Cardiff are struggling.
The Jacks doing pretty well and near the playoff spots.
Welsh international rugby dire, and regional rugby even worse.
Welsh soccer has reached it’s heights.
Basically not looking too rosy for Welsh sport.
And unfortunately I think we will loose tomorrow as well (but I will be there cheering County on).

Exile 1976 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 5:36 pm Pivac has got to go. That was a second/third string Australia team that we were cruising against but still, somehow ended up losing the game.
Wales lost because of stupid decision making, and don't possess many smart rugby players at the moment. These sort of games are frequently won by the smarter team, and unfortunately IMO we currently have a particularly dumb crop of players compared with other international sides.
I'm not convinced any change of coach will remedy that.

Sadly IMO the inevitable call for the sacking of the manager/coach of every team that has a losing run appears to be blighting rugby now as it has for years in football. Presumably based on the belief that a change will improve results, or even as some kind of punishment for the manager/ coach. Often without the required improvements in results of course.
In relation to Pivac in particular, I do understand the calls, but believe it requires more analysis that simply saying as he picks the team he must go. Selection of different players, and especially the captain has some merit.
It is evident the current captain has made some bad decisions on the field of play, which he apparently hasn't learnt from as he keeps repeating the same mistakes. Of course a rugby captain has far more influence on the game in rugby than most other team sports. As I've alluded to before I also believe Wales currently has a crop of poorer decision makers throughout the team compared to the opposition. Hence the main reason as I see it we are presently losing more closely fought games than winning. Will a change of head coach be able to improve them? I doubt it.
Having said that if a change is to be made, now is the obvious time giving the new man/woman a little time before the six nations and more importantly before the world cup(September 2023).
On balance I see there is little to lose by a change, but have almost zero faith in the right man being available at this stage, or in the replacement being able to make a significant improvement. Not forgetting of course that results could possibly improve without a change, as unlikely as it seems. Don't envy the WRU's decision as they will almost be certainly be damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Exile 1976 wrote: November 27th, 2022, 11:38 am Well, with the rumours of Warren Gatland being available to take us to the word cup then I say the WRU should pull the trigger on Pivac now as we have gone backwards as a team & maybe Gats could be the man to get us firing again
Don't think that would be a high risk appointment.
Indeed neither does the WRU. Gatland re-appointed. Will be interesting to see if he can improve Wales' results without Sean Edwards.