Re: Transfer deadline day - Tuesday 11pm

pembsexile wrote: February 1st, 2023, 6:29 pm The thing that concerns me is that the other teams by us have strengthened their squads as well. Just hope we have the right players in. Fingers crossed but I am confident.
I’m not as confident as you. Only one with any experience of this level and three lads. To semi-coin a phrase, „this is no country for young men“ : I hope they don’t have the enthusiasm kicked out of them.

We worry when we sign journeymen and we worry when we don’t.It goes with the territory of supporting this club I guess.My take is that the team isn’t that bad,as some fans seem to think,we have just lacked someone to stick it in the net.This lad comes with a lot of expectation and pressure to do the business.He won’t score a hatful,like he does at U21 level but,he will get a few and that will ease the burden a bit.The PV lad comes with plenty of praise from their and Mansfield fans so,I am confident that these two will make a difference,as I said,we are not that far off being a decent side.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: February 1st, 2023, 3:04 pm Lewis Collins has gone on loan to Torquay United.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... ay-united/
Not a total surprise,he can’t stay a promising 17 year old on the fringes forever.He hasn’t really pushed on,except for a short spell at CF a few years ago.Sad to see a local boy leave but,that’s probably it for him here now.It does now free up a space on the bench for Twamley hopefully.

He hasn't been given a run in the side at any point, yet he's considerably better than a lot of the dross we've signed. Hope we're not watching him banging goals in around us in a couple of years time like we are seeing with his brother.

He was excellent in the last few months of our run to the play off final, then wasn't trusted at any time since.

rncfc wrote: February 1st, 2023, 10:30 pm He hasn't been given a run in the side at any point, yet he's considerably better than a lot of the dross we've signed. Hope we're not watching him banging goals in around us in a couple of years time like we are seeing with his brother.

He was excellent in the last few months of our run to the play off final, then wasn't trusted at any time since.
It’s amazing how people see things differently, and that’s not a sarcy dig …. I think he’s had plenty of chances, and that very small spell aside, hasn’t done anything fantastic to warrant a prolonged run ?

He’s had 3 managers to impress upon.

I wish him well as he is a local boy, but think it must be the last we see of him in a County shirt.

Whatever any of us think, we're about to eat the pudding. The squad we have has 20 games to ensure League 2 survival. To be certain I think we need to get 24 points, anything less than 20 would mean the drop. A win Saturday would leave me very relieved and optimism can be a superb driver. And February is going to be big month. I don't usually subscribe to the idea of one game bring bigger than any other but Saturday v Swindon I think it is.

Justanordinaryfan wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 3:25 pm
excessbee wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 2:43 pm There's also a bonus from gaining those points against certain opponents. Beating Orient then losing to Rochdale wasn't the best combination of results. The two games against Hartlepool will be crucial.

We don’t lose to Rochdale
If you mean the away game which was just before the Orient game … apologies if you meant the home game months ago.