Re: Exiles Grandstand Swindon home

G Guest wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:06 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: February 6th, 2023, 8:08 pm The club used to change ko times because of the rugby then decided to play 3pm as early starts didn’t result in bigger crowds.This change was made by the police I feel.The surprise to me was 12.45 meaning that the games overlapped ,a midday ko would have seemed more logical and,providing less time for Swindon fans to drink.
I suspect that the real reason for the early kick off was to restrict the amount of time Swindon supporters were in the centre of Newport drinking before the match. Nothing to do with the rugby unless officers were to be sent to Cardiff after our match.
12-45 seemed to be the worse of all times. 12 noon would have allowed people to watch both games and restricted drinking time beforehand.

And what a game the rugby turned out to be. :cheers:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:24 pm
G Guest wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:06 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: February 6th, 2023, 8:08 pm The club used to change ko times because of the rugby then decided to play 3pm as early starts didn’t result in bigger crowds.This change was made by the police I feel.The surprise to me was 12.45 meaning that the games overlapped ,a midday ko would have seemed more logical and,providing less time for Swindon fans to drink.
I suspect that the real reason for the early kick off was to restrict the amount of time Swindon supporters were in the centre of Newport drinking before the match. Nothing to do with the rugby unless officers were to be sent to Cardiff after our match.
12-45 seemed to be the worse of all times. 12 noon would have allowed people to watch both games and restricted drinking time beforehand.
Here’s a first folks,Stan agrees with Percy,you saw it here first.
And what a game the rugby turned out to be. :cheers:

Percy,

I I don't agree with you about live events on television not affecting County attendances. When I agree with you, and I'm sure I will have done so, I will have said so. You believe that gates are not affected by live TV events. As both of us would need to prove a negative to be sure of being correct our opinions are just that, opinions.

As for the rugby I think you'll find you are agreeing with me.

The times of the Rugby are irrelevant. The dates for 6Nations will be announced shortly after this seasons games are finished and we'll in advance of the fixture list for County fixtures are produced. Clubs can make requests, such as County did last season when the pitch was relaid and they couldn't play home games for a couple of weeks in August. So it's not beyond the whit of man (or woman) to look at 6Nations fixtures and either a) ask to play away or b) ask to move the fixture when the fixture list is produced.