Re: Exiles Grandstand: Newport v Stevenage

Exile 1976 wrote: February 15th, 2023, 8:26 am Bogle, much maligned yet has scored more goals in fewer games for Newport County than Nouble & Washington.
Same amount as McCoulsky but with two more apps.
Quite. There’s a good chance that he’ll finish the season with 15 goals and top scorer, which is not a bad return. His form has just been a bit lumpy, that’s all. On the latest podcast (available via all reputable outlets), I talked about the love/hate relationship between him and the fans, and hopefully last night has reset things a bit.

What a shame we are talking about the ref after Steve Evans comments. He realises that he could be in trouble after calling the ref incompetent and disgraceful. I reckon he will get a call. He plays the victim very well. However, he got four garages out of it according to him. Steve ‘four garages’ Evans.

That said, we were well worth the point and could have clinched it. This is a much better side and I feel we just need to up the ante defending on set pieces. That corner goal was bad defending but we held in there and got a deserved draw. Could have been more. Onwards and upwards.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: February 15th, 2023, 7:02 am What a bitter man with selective recall, no mention of our nailed on penalty in the first half that was not given, and to say that Farquharson should have been sent off for the clash with his keeper, surely has to be his idea of a joke

When he has a decision that goes in his teams favour does he or any manager come out and criticise the refs then ?
As soon as they feel hard done by its always the refs fault in their opinion..

He criticises the ref and saying that if they cant do the job they should be sacked, blah , blah.... Does the idiot realise that without refs the game CANNOT go ahead...Yes ALL teams will get decisions they disagree with but they also get decisions that go for them. The refs are human and make mistakes..Live with it you bitter man..
He made 4 changes at half time because we were the better side in the first half ( his words ) , should he be sacked or resign then because he let the Stevenage fans down by doing his job wrong by choosing a side that weren't the better team ?
A very bitter man who thinks he can do no wrong...Shut up Evans , stop acting like a spoilt child and go and eat something you fat ~~~~~~

Chepstow'sFine wrote: February 15th, 2023, 11:59 am I've got no qualms with Steve Evans's comments. The refs are generally poor at our level. GC would be saying exactly the same thing if we had the decisions go against us.
I agree pretty much. I should add though that whenever I watch a game as a neutral referees seem to be so much better and I am frequently amazed at how myopic football crowds can be.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: February 15th, 2023, 11:59 am I've got no qualms with Steve Evans's comments. The refs are generally poor at our level. GC would be saying exactly the same thing if we had the decisions go against us.
I have no qualms with his comments or opinions either, even though I haven't bothered to listen to them, because quite frankly they are irrelevant to me. IMO most losing football managers talk a load sh*t post match most of the time and aren't worth listening to.
What can't be ignored though is the fact that he has got Stevenage in a position where they have a very good chance of automatic promotion contrary to most people's expectations.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 15th, 2023, 12:06 pm
I have no qualms with his comments or opinions either, even though I haven't bothered to listen to them, because quite frankly they are irrelevant to me. IMO most losing football managers talk a load sh*t post match most of the time and aren't worth listening to.
What can't be ignored though is the fact that he has got Stevenage in a position where they have a very good chance of automatic promotion contrary to most people's expectations.
I agree with that except........

No, there's no except. :grin:

Kairdiff Exile wrote: February 15th, 2023, 8:38 am
Exile 1976 wrote: February 15th, 2023, 8:26 am Bogle, much maligned yet has scored more goals in fewer games for Newport County than Nouble & Washington.
Same amount as McCoulsky but with two more apps.
Quite. There’s a good chance that he’ll finish the season with 15 goals and top scorer, which is not a bad return. His form has just been a bit lumpy, that’s all. On the latest podcast (available via all reputable outlets), I talked about the love/hate relationship between him and the fans, and hopefully last night has reset things a bit.
I agree mostly …..
….. but Nouble was also much maligned … booed off several times, which i can never understand!