Re: Exiles Grandstand: Newport v Sutton

Playing pretty well so far. Zanzala is so frustrating. Gets in great positions but doesn't finish. I don't see what McNeill brings to a league two team. People that criticise Bogle need to watch how much he chases and battles in comparison to McNeill.
Frustrating in the final third but what an improvement from a couple of months ago where we couldn't even get in the final third.

jamiencafc wrote: February 25th, 2023, 4:25 pm Playing pretty well so far. Zanzala is so frustrating. Gets in great positions but doesn't finish. I don't see what McNeill brings to a league two team. People that criticise Bogle need to watch how much he chases and battles in comparison to McNeill.
Frustrating in the final third but what an improvement from a couple of months ago where we couldn't even get in the final third.
I thought that McNeil was the player most likely to score for us and he made an excellent contribution.

Jdw4127 wrote: February 25th, 2023, 6:23 pm Got to say I was disappointed today, after our recent good run there didn’t seem to be much confidence throughout the team.
Expected more of McNeil and Baker, & what has happened to the two lads we had back from Ponty ?
Coughlan was asked about Twamley in the pre-match interview and he almost seemed a bit snippy about being asked. He must still just be on the cusp of making the squad if he was deemed good enough to be recalled from loan

jamiencafc wrote: February 25th, 2023, 4:25 pm I don't see what McNeill brings to a league two team. People that criticise Bogle need to watch how much he chases and battles in comparison to McNeill.
100% this. McNeill may well come good in time, but I’d put him bottom of the pecking order by some distance currently for a starting berth, I don’t care what assurances we’ve had to give his parent club.

halfmoon wrote: February 25th, 2023, 6:25 pm
Jdw4127 wrote: February 25th, 2023, 6:23 pm Got to say I was disappointed today, after our recent good run there didn’t seem to be much confidence throughout the team.
Expected more of McNeil and Baker, & what has happened to the two lads we had back from Ponty ?
Coughlan was asked about Twamley in the pre-match interview and he almost seemed a bit snippy about being asked. He must still just be on the cusp of making the squad if he was deemed good enough to be recalled from loan
Probably won't make the squad until/if we are safe from relegation or we have a spate of midfield injuries.

What did GC say about Twamley.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: February 25th, 2023, 6:34 pm
jamiencafc wrote: February 25th, 2023, 4:25 pm I don't see what McNeill brings to a league two team. People that criticise Bogle need to watch how much he chases and battles in comparison to McNeill.
100% this. McNeill may well come good in time, but I’d put him bottom of the pecking order by some distance currently for a starting berth, I don’t care what assurances we’ve had to give his parent club.
Have to say I'm agreement with this

Percy plunkett wrote: February 25th, 2023, 6:59 pm
What did GC say about Twamley.
Nothing specifically about him, just seemed bemused at being asked why he hasn’t made a squad yet. It’s on YouTube

Nothing to read into though because I just get the impression he likes to keep his squad selections extremely close to his chest. He seemed pretty annoyed that the Drysdale injury became public knowledge, for example!

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 25th, 2023, 7:00 pm
I think that Bogle/Kavanagh are probably our best two upfront. Firing in speculative crosses as our main attacking weapon suits neither Kavanagh nor McNeil as they are small but they both look decent with the ball at their feet.
Zanzala has pace and strength but his first touch and finishing are wayward.
We also seemed reluctant to shoot from distance today as well.

Free beer wrote: February 25th, 2023, 7:16 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 25th, 2023, 7:00 pm
I think that Bogle/Kavanagh are probably our best two upfront. Firing in speculative crosses as our main attacking weapon suits neither Kavanagh nor McNeil as they are small but they both look decent with the ball at their feet.
Zanzala has pace and strength but his first touch and finishing are wayward.
We also seemed reluctant to shoot from distance today as well.
Think we been reluctant to shoot from distance nearly all season.