Re: New co-opted Board member

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 26th, 2023, 10:26 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 26th, 2023, 9:53 am I genuinely don't know. Was Gavin Foxall at the game yesterday?
Did Gavin Foxall not put himself forward for the re-election process? Not his fault that you have chosen not to join the trust, and stand by the Stanafesto, to see if you could unseat him, or is it, in your view?
You may be right. Perhaps Gavin Foxall didn't attend yesterday's game because I am not a member of the Trust. Or it may be that he's off 'considering his position'. Again'. Or it may be that Gavin is no longer chair of Newport County. Who knows? Certainly not the members of the Trust.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 26th, 2023, 12:38 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 26th, 2023, 10:26 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 26th, 2023, 9:53 am I genuinely don't know. Was Gavin Foxall at the game yesterday?
Did Gavin Foxall not put himself forward for the re-election process? Not his fault that you have chosen not to join the trust, and stand by the Stanafesto, to see if you could unseat him, or is it, in your view?
You may be right. Perhaps Gavin Foxall didn't attend yesterday's game because I am not a member of the Trust. Or it may be that he's off 'considering his position'. Again'. Or it may be that Gavin is no longer chair of Newport County. Who knows? Certainly not the members of the Trust.
As a non member how exactly would you know what the members of the trust know, in order to come to that conclusion?

This is precisely the problem, you are happy to make statements, rather than express opinions, but unable or unwilling, to back them up with fact.

So very happy to challenge and criticise communication blind, but unhappy to be challenged yourself and provide and detail of how you back up your statements.

That is not justifying, it's simply throwing mud in the hope that something sticks.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 26th, 2023, 4:56 pm

As a non member how exactly would you know what the members of the trust know, in order to come to that conclusion?

This is precisely the problem, you are happy to make statements, rather than express opinions, but unable or unwilling, to back them up with fact.

So very happy to challenge and criticise communication blind, but unhappy to be challenged yourself and provide and detail of how you back up your statements.

That is not justifying, it's simply throwing mud in the hope that something sticks.
Okay what do you think? Let's make this a multiple choice.

The chairman of Newport County no longer attends County games because;

A) Watching County finally got too much for a man to bear?

B) He is once again considering his position?

C) He won the Euro Millions and will be running the club fron the Bahamas?

D) He is no longer the chairman of Newport County?

I wouldn't know. You're the boyo for facts, so why not let us all know? 🤣

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 26th, 2023, 5:11 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 26th, 2023, 4:56 pm

Okay what do you think? Let's make this a multiple choice.

The chairman of Newport County no longer attends County games because;

A) Watching County finally got too much for a man to bear?

B) He is once again considering his position?

C) He won the Euro Millions and will be running the club fron the Bahamas?

D) He is no longer the chairman of Newport County?

I wouldn't know. You're the boyo for facts, so why not let us all know? 🤣
I don't give a flying **** boyo, it's you that's always trying to make 2 + 2 = 5. For the record I have never had a conversation with Gavin Foxall in my life, I have heard him speak yes, but only as part of an audience. I have no reason to believe that has nothing but the best interests of NCAFC at heart. He may not like your shiny shiny, uncosted, based on population and legal, rather than financial security, but there you go, I for one trust the trust.

So last week's metaphorical stabbing was Darren Kelly, this week it is Gavin Foxall in the crosshairs, all I am asking is why? Give us the basis of your analysis. Why is it that when challenged you just throw more mud and hide?

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 26th, 2023, 6:25 pm

I don't give a flying **** boyo, it's you that's always trying to make 2 + 2 = 5. For the record I have never had a conversation with Gavin Foxall in my life, I have heard him speak yes, but only as part of an audience. I have no reason to believe that has nothing but the best interests of NCAFC at heart. He may not like your shiny shiny, uncosted, based on population and legal, rather than financial security, but there you go, I for one trust the trust.

So last week's metaphorical stabbing was Darren Kelly, this week it is Gavin Foxall in the crosshairs, all I am asking is why? Give us the basis of your analysis. Why is it that when challenged you just throw more mud and hide?
Calm down my dear old thing. You'll do yourself a mischief.

One little thing try not to mix your metaphors. Crosshairs relate to telescopic sights on rifles, stabbing uses a bladed instrument. 😎

Bonson&Hunt wrote: February 27th, 2023, 10:31 am Bored now! Again!
Too true mate! I like a decent discussion but constant bickering is a total borefest and bordering on the obsessive. Stab’s views may be shared by posters or not so, the constant dogfight seems a little more than that I’m afraid and it is really p!ssing me off too. I speculate we’re not alone but to pre-empt the expected criticism from Bankitinthenet, no I don’t have figures or proof for that statement, just a gut feeling that people generally discussing a topic tend to dislike being constantly interrupted by irrelevancies.

lowandhard wrote: February 27th, 2023, 2:48 pm
Too true mate! I like a decent discussion but constant bickering is a total borefest and bordering on the obsessive. Stab’s views may be shared by posters or not so, the constant dogfight seems a little more than that I’m afraid and it is really p!ssing me off too. I speculate we’re not alone but to pre-empt the expected criticism from Bankitinthenet, no I don’t have figures or proof for that statement, just a gut feeling that people generally discussing a topic tend to dislike being constantly interrupted by irrelevancies.
So only one person is alowed to post what he likes without being criticised?

If you read what I have written, I am responding to statements in the main.

I have mentioned before, that I am not the type to be brow beaten. Some don't like it, and when a person tels them that their opinion is wrong, will shy away. That is what stops people posting, the fact that their opinion is likely to be criticised. It is not me that is critical of opinion, that is to be welcomed. What I will do is when statements are made proporting to be fact, and then nothing is posted to inform why that statement has been posted, then I will challenge it. It really is not my fault that the statements tend to come from one source.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 27th, 2023, 4:45 pm
lowandhard wrote: February 27th, 2023, 2:48 pm
So only one person is alowed to post what he likes without being criticised?

I think you'll find that people who have posted are critical of me as well as you. They have a point, I should just ignore you. That I don't contributes to their boredom.