Re: When shall we tell the plebs

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 27th, 2023, 2:44 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 27th, 2023, 2:00 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 27th, 2023, 1:52 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 27th, 2023, 12:50 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 27th, 2023, 12:23 pm

O. K. That is a statement, go ahead give us some background. Are you speaking on behalf of others as you oftain pedanticly state yourself?
Can we please stay on topic?

This thread is not about Pemb's, or me, or you. It is not even about Gavin. What it is about is that the chairman of our club disappearing, and the board of directors not communicating the reasons to the supporters/owners of the club.

And as has been stated above, it is at this time quite possible that there is nothing to communicate. All we have at present is conjuncture made from the original post, and some of that has already been discounted.
You may be correct. Nevertheless I still believe it is the Trust responsibility to communicate that, in order to quell some of the incorrect conjecture.
But it is the original poster that caused the conjecture, so why should the trust make a statement about someone's conjecture?
Here to some extent I agree, they can’t rush out a press release at every rumour. Once though this is well past a few fanatics like me on this mb and is getting generally discussed on the main social media and/or the press, they should act.
In any event, if the rumour is in fact true, they should have already released an update to the trust members as a very minimum.

But it is the original poster that caused the conjecture, so why should the trust make a statement about someone's conjecture?
What caused the conjecture is that Gavin has absented himself from watching Newport County. And to an extent not attending David Hando's memorial service.

Now I make no criticism of him for choosing not to attend either. However as he is chairman of Newport County it does call for an explanation.

That sources I trust have indicated where the truth lies and have given that explanation is far from satisfactory. It should be from the club. Of course it is possible that those leaking from inside the club to others may be involved in a 'false flag' operation, but I doubt it. Nonetheless if the chair of our club doesn't attend games, nor recognize the passing of a stalwart of our club, the idea that everyone should wait until the board of directors of Newport County decide to speak is not sustainable.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 27th, 2023, 3:14 pm

What caused the conjecture is that Gavin has absented himself from watching Newport County. And to an extent not attending David Hando's memorial service.

Now I make no criticism of him for choosing not to attend either. However as he is chairman of Newport County it does call for an explanation.

That sources I trust have indicated where the truth lies and have given that explanation is far from satisfactory. It should be from the club. Of course it is possible that those leaking from inside the club to others may be involved in a 'false flag' operation, but I doubt it. Nonetheless if the chair of our club doesn't attend games, nor recognize the passing of a stalwart of our club, the idea that everyone should wait until the board of directors of Newport County decide to speak is not sustainable.
At the memorial service Mrs Hando asked specifically for people attending to wear something YELLOW. Indeed she entered the church dressed in black but with a large YELLOW scarf......

David Hando was well known in Newport, for lots of things including being a Liberal Democrat Councillor. If you drive past Maindee library, he had a large influence on converting part of the library into a community space. Likewise the old toilets opposite into a community café. Both are painted YELLOW.

While Mrs Hando clearly asked Rob Phillips, a club fan, and BBC commentator, to read the obituary for David that she had written, it was clearly a full life away from his achievements for NCAFC.

I can understand if Mrs Hando didn't want the club to be represented, other than by Rob Phillips, as it is a small church.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 27th, 2023, 10:25 am
Bonson&Hunt wrote: February 27th, 2023, 10:20 am More Stan obsession. When does it all end?
I am answering points made by Stan, on a public forum, is that not alowed?

Is it not possible to challenge those that challenge the trust?

What sort of forum is this in your opinion, purely an anti trust propaganda machine?
I am just an ordinary County supporter albeit of 67 years. I want to read & contribute to discussions with other supporters about everything to do with County. The Trust is fundamental to a fan owned club but I have no strong feelings about it either way. However I am glad that it plays a strong role within the club.
What I don't want to read are discussions that become personal & are not relevant to the subject. In general I find the forum interesting as a lot of contributors clearly have a closer tie to the club than I, so I gain details of my club that otherwise I would not be aware of. Posters that continually look to "have a personal pop" at other individuals by contriving arguments to involve those said individuals on purpose, is just plain boring & reduces the merits of the point they were originally trying to make. But the worst thing is that the majority of posters are then made to navigate around these monologues. Spoils the forum IMO.

owlsabout wrote: February 27th, 2023, 6:29 pm Saying can't be ill
I was informed that Foxall was indeed at a funeral of a very old and close friend Friday and it is possible that he wasn't feeling at his best, physically or mentally. However, I don't regard that as a good enough reason why the Trust board continues to remain silent when conjecture appears commonplace regarding what is happening regarding the trust boards and football club structure and future governance.

Bonson&Hunt wrote: February 27th, 2023, 7:19 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 27th, 2023, 10:25 am
Bonson&Hunt wrote: February 27th, 2023, 10:20 am More Stan obsession. When does it all end?
I am answering points made by Stan, on a public forum, is that not alowed?

Is it not possible to challenge those that challenge the trust?

What sort of forum is this in your opinion, purely an anti trust propaganda machine?
I am just an ordinary County supporter albeit of 67 years. I want to read & contribute to discussions with other supporters about everything to do with County. The Trust is fundamental to a fan owned club but I have no strong feelings about it either way. However I am glad that it plays a strong role within the club.
What I don't want to read are discussions that become personal & are not relevant to the subject. In general I find the forum interesting as a lot of contributors clearly have a closer tie to the club than I, so I gain details of my club that otherwise I would not be aware of. Posters that continually look to "have a personal pop" at other individuals by contriving arguments to involve those said individuals on purpose, is just plain boring & reduces the merits of the point they were originally trying to make. But the worst thing is that the majority of posters are then made to navigate around these monologues. Spoils the forum IMO.
well said