The fan.

The Liverpool fan who ran onto the pitch and collided with a Liverpool player is an idiot. Clearly he deserves a very serious sanction.

I see Liverpool want to ban him for life. A life ban for an over exuberant idiot? Come on. Let's get some perspective.

Season long ban, full apology. Promise not to do it again. Pay the fine the local beak gives him.
More than adequate i would have thought.

Re: The fan.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 6th, 2023, 2:54 pm The Liverpool fan who ran onto the pitch and collided with a Liverpool player is an idiot. Clearly he deserves a very serious sanction.

I see Liverpool want to ban him for life. A life ban for an over exuberant idiot? Come on. Let's get some perspective.

Season long ban, full apology. Promise not to do it again. Pay the fine the local beak gives him.
No a player or official is going to get killed one day Bren we need to send a message to these idiots

Minimum five years for me ban but wouldn't opposed a life ban

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 6th, 2023, 2:54 pm The Liverpool fan who ran onto the pitch and collided with a Liverpool player is an idiot. Clearly he deserves a very serious sanction.

Agree a life ban is excessive BUT its the old adage 'you don't hang a man for stealing a sheep you hang a man to stop others stealing a sheep' and my view on pitch invasion has altered after last season when 2 kids (12 years old at most & Newport fans) ran onto the pitch at RP were undoubtedly influenced by the Swindon idiots who had done the same - it sets an appalling example.

The saddest part of this story is that the ‘fan’ was led off the pitch smiling whilst two of the Liverpool players were on the floor injured. He is a dickhead. Two season ban, remove his ability to purchase a further season ticket, Community work involving work for Everton fc, fine, apology and a public statement that he was wrong and will not do it again. That, and a little private chat with Andy Robertson and TAA.

All the above is true of course and there’s little doubt that the lad will be severely punished for his moment of madness. It’s so difficult for people to redeem themselves for a moment I suspect they will forever regret.
How things have changed, as a school boy aged 11, Real Madrid were in their pomp and when one of my heroes Gento was on the pitch after the final whistle of an international, like many others I ran on trying to get his autograph. If you remember the player you’ll know he was in the shower before I clicked my biro. I’m a bit sobered to think that today my actions would have got me banned, though in reflection it might have saved me a fortune and a lifetime of stress and heartache!
Nowadays I’m sure that my general “ life on the street “ would have landed me with a criminal record considering the scrapes I got into. I’m pretty sure many of my generation think the same. We all grew up to be responsible adults holding down rôles in important jobs and professions. I’m all for leniency and redemption.

UPTHEPORT wrote: March 6th, 2023, 3:22 pm

No a player or official is going to get killed one day Bren we need to send a message to these idiots

Minimum five years for me ban but wouldn't opposed a life ban
Imagine how many people could die if a fan invaded the pitch on an electric scooter.

I would normally suggest leniency but it's not like any fan attending a football match isn't aware that run onto the pitch will incur a lengthy ban. So a significant punishment should be imposed for their stupidity and if someone could argue that he assaulted a player through his stupidity then I wouldn't be too concerned. But any punishment should be through community service.