Re: Reply received.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:44 pm
Jack wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:09 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 8th, 2023, 5:35 pm
Jack wrote: March 8th, 2023, 5:27 pm This is getting a bit farcical now; we have a chairman who's been pretty much suspended pending an investigation.

We need to at very least appoint an interim in the meanwhile...
Isn’t that the role that Mr Madigan appears to be fulfilling?
The fact that you have to put a question mark on that is sign of all that is wrong with the board and communications structure at Newport County AFC, a fan owned club.

This is worse than a privately owned club... can you imagine it at any other club?

No, there'd be a statement out of respect for emotionally invested fans let alone invested shareholders.

Absolute ******* farce, the lot of it.
The absolute farce is everyone believing that one person is guilty on the basis of a disgruntled employee sending his accusations to someone who he knows will lap it up and churn it out.

We have seen it before, when he did the same with Redwood. He mentioned that in that case Redwood was awarded £15k. Well NCAFC were awarded £1 in the High Court and had to pay our own legal costs, when we won the restricted trade case against the FAW................
Nonsense, your ongoing agenda against Stan is rediculous, most of this has been plastered all over fb for weeks and seen by thousands before Stan started on it.

Trigger wrote: March 9th, 2023, 8:52 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:44 pm
Jack wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:09 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 8th, 2023, 5:35 pm
Jack wrote: March 8th, 2023, 5:27 pm This is getting a bit farcical now; we have a chairman who's been pretty much suspended pending an investigation.

We need to at very least appoint an interim in the meanwhile...
Isn’t that the role that Mr Madigan appears to be fulfilling?
The fact that you have to put a question mark on that is sign of all that is wrong with the board and communications structure at Newport County AFC, a fan owned club.

This is worse than a privately owned club... can you imagine it at any other club?

No, there'd be a statement out of respect for emotionally invested fans let alone invested shareholders.

Absolute ******* farce, the lot of it.
The absolute farce is everyone believing that one person is guilty on the basis of a disgruntled employee sending his accusations to someone who he knows will lap it up and churn it out.

We have seen it before, when he did the same with Redwood. He mentioned that in that case Redwood was awarded £15k. Well NCAFC were awarded £1 in the High Court and had to pay our own legal costs, when we won the restricted trade case against the FAW................
Nonsense, your ongoing agenda against Stan is rediculous, most of this has been plastered all over fb for weeks and seen by thousands before Stan started on it.

Exactly …..and as is always the case, the silence from the Board is deafening.

I agree with PC transparency is appalling we don't want to know what kitman wages is but things like our then secartery going on social media to tell he was leaving before a club announcement. general manager off in November only recently been told of temporary replacement because of rumours
,chairman awol for what ever reason but still manages to write the programme notes on home match games really .imo it's disrespectful to us fans trust members share holders. What is Kevin Ward duties on the board because the club media is pisspoor , we are still advertising our old sponsor who went into bankruptcy on the ifollow. Things are definitely not right at the club ! stan posts could be near the truth no one knows because no statements. When this fan owned adventure started those directors stood on that stage asking us to become trust members and buy shares , telling us transparency is the way FORWARD! Imo they have failed us time for a change

owlsabout wrote: March 9th, 2023, 9:39 am I agree with PC transparency is appalling we don't want to know what kitman wages is but things like our then secartery going on social media to tell he was leaving before a club announcement. general manager off in November only recently been told of temporary replacement because of rumours
,chairman awol for what ever reason but still manages to write the programme notes on home match games really .imo it's disrespectful to us fans trust members share holders. What is Kevin Ward duties on the board because the club media is pisspoor , we are still advertising our old sponsor who went into bankruptcy on the ifollow. Things are definitely not right at the club ! stan posts could be near the truth no one knows because no statements. When this fan owned adventure started those directors stood on that stage asking us to become trust members and buy shares , telling us transparency is the way FORWARD! Imo they have failed us time for a change
This transparency issue came from the Stanafesto, where Stan stood on a ticket of being the one to provide transparency on everything, including players wages. Strangely having decided that was the main issue that needed to be resolved, he then decided not to stand, probably because he had then sown the seed and only needed to propagate them.

He then managed to talk room 101 into standing for election on a similar ticket, but room 101 quickly realised that because of the responsibility involved, that total transparency is not actually as feasible as he had been led to believe, and resigned a few months later.

However when Les Scadding decided to gift his shares to the trust and asked other large shareholders to do the same, that was wrong as well. So he has never actually joined the trust to actually assertain what information is provided, preferring to stay uniformed.

owlsabout wrote: March 9th, 2023, 3:46 pm Bangitintrnet iam on about how poor the the transparency to us fans . your obsession with attacking stans every posts you're infatuation with him is becoming boring and childish , no wonder this MB is losing followers .
I'm not sure that this board is losing followers. It may be Bangitinthenet's histrionics deter people from posting, which is a shame.

owlsabout wrote: March 9th, 2023, 3:46 pm Bangitintrnet iam on about how poor the the transparency to us fans . your obsession with attacking stans every posts you're infatuation with him is becoming boring and childish , no wonder this MB is losing followers .
Stan wanted to stand for election to the trust on the basis of transparency. But he didn't, instead he got someone more gullible to stand and get elected instead.

Stan wanted me to send his email containing his allegations for two days, before he realised I was not as gullible, and sent it himself.

The email didn't ask about the club being broke, or about a boardroom battle due to a take-over, or anything really except asking about one person.

The email was copied here but redacted, as someone who is supposed to be fighting for transparency, that is a little odd.

I ask him questions, to find out the background to the statements that he makes, but he does not do transparency himself...........

owlsabout wrote: March 9th, 2023, 9:39 am I agree with PC transparency is appalling we don't want to know what kitman wages is but things like our then secartery going on social media to tell he was leaving before a club announcement. general manager off in November only recently been told of temporary replacement because of rumours
Absobloodylutely mate! Anyone with half an eye can see that. Others can deflect as much as they like, communication and transparency from the club are utter dogsh!t.

lowandhard wrote: March 9th, 2023, 5:29 pm
Absobloodylutely mate! Anyone with half an eye can see that. Others can deflect as much as they like, communication and transparency from the club are utter dogsh!t.
Others? It was myself who asked for Stan to send his email, because I wasn't gullible enough to send it on his behalf as he wished.

So you can't say that I am stopping people from saying what they like. Nor can you say that I have reported anybodies posts to Admin, or asked for Admin to ban them, because I never have.

Nor have I emailed the club, or any other person for that mater, trying to silence anyone. So why aren't you attacking the one who promised to provide transparency, but never did?

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 9th, 2023, 5:54 pm
Others? It was myself who asked for Stan to send his email, because I wasn't gullible enough to send it on his behalf as he wished.

So you can't say that I am stopping people from saying what they like. Nor can you say that I have reported anybodies posts to Admin, or asked for Admin to ban them, because I never have.

Nor have I emailed the club, or any other person for that mater, trying to silence anyone. So why aren't you attacking the one who promised to provide transparency, but never did?
I was neither addressing you nor was I talking about you specifically. Both these deficiencies were easily noticed long before I ever saw any of your posts on this message board. Amazingly, it’s not all about you.

lowandhard wrote: March 9th, 2023, 7:15 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 9th, 2023, 5:54 pm

I was neither addressing you nor was I talking about you specifically. Both these deficiencies were easily noticed long before I ever saw any of your posts on this message board. Amazingly, it’s not all about you.
Is this the sort of post that will attract the missing 100k back to posting on this forum?

It appears that they shouldn't post, if they have a different opinion to yourself, doesn't it?

Nor should they moan about an email being sent that might not represent their opinion, or similarly an open letter posted on the forum.

You do like to have your own way don't you? I guess you will start crying and stomp off again now.

Spot on Mike. In their defence they will have a reason for not making a statement, but the silence is deafening. Perhaps they are waiting until we are mathematically safe, I don’t really know. Time will tell.

What I think is as I have said previously. The catalyst for change at the Trust is Jon Pratt. We don’t really know anything about him. He doesn’t have to make a statement about the internal goings on at the club, but if he offered a statement explaining why he is here and what his plans are, that would certainly help. That’s my opinion and we haven’t really moved forward on this issue at all recently.

I also think that it seems pretty obvious that to move forward we will need an EGM. If changes are required, that will be needed. I have no idea as to the rules of the timing of an EGM. Can it be instead of an AGM, or could they both run at a similar time. Can one be announced whilst the other is going? I think it may be a few weeks yet unfortunately until we are mathematically safe. I suspect that then we will know more. Just a thought.

pembsexile wrote: March 9th, 2023, 7:33 pm
Spot on Mike. In their defence they will have a reason for not making a statement, but the silence is deafening. Perhaps they are waiting until we are mathematically safe, I don’t really know. Time will tell.

What I think is as I have said previously. The catalyst for change at the Trust is Jon Pratt. We don’t really know anything about him. He doesn’t have to make a statement about the internal goings on at the club, but if he offered a statement explaining why he is here and what his plans are, that would certainly help. That’s my opinion and we haven’t really moved forward on this issue at all recently.

I also think that it seems pretty obvious that to move forward we will need an EGM. If changes are required, that will be needed. I have no idea as to the rules of the timing of an EGM. Can it be instead of an AGM, or could they both run at a similar time. Can one be announced whilst the other is going? I think it may be a few weeks yet unfortunately until we are mathematically safe. I suspect that then we will know more. Just a thought.
You may well be right mate, perhaps that’s the reason they’re delaying. Like you though, I think some sort of statement from Mr Pratt would be welcome. I know not whether his private wealth is sufficient to drive us forward but if not his business skills may well be very welcome to the club because I suspect ( given a sponsor’s post I’ve seen ) we may be underperforming in our efforts to raise funds. We really need to be very professional in promoting the club and that’s why I’m unhappy in that the lack of effective communication I feel isn’t maximising what we can achieve.

L&H. Your post says it all in a nutshell and makes all previous guff null and void .. Well said

pembsexile wrote: March 9th, 2023, 7:33 pm

Any changes to the constitution of governance or ownership will need to be discussed at a separate EGM, or SGM as the model rules refer to it, for that purpose alone, and therefore cannot be instead of or included within an AGM. It also says that an extroadinary resolution to pass it has to be passed by a 'majority of not less than 75% of votes cast'.

I'm not expecting any direct communication to the trust members or supporters from Jon Pratt as Peter Madigan's Argus article stated that any plans for potential change have yet to be discussed/decided by the trust board before they are put to the membership, or they may decide to stay as they are. This suggests to me, initially at least, that any future announcements will be made by the board, rather than any individual.

Upon re-reading the trust board's constitutional statement I note that they are only committed to holding a meeting quarterly. Therefore as notes of minutes have only to date been published for January's meeting, which noticeably did not announce a date for the next meeting, it could mean that another official and minuted meeting will not be held until April.

My wild guess is that they are trying to hold out until the end of the season before making any announcements re. forward plans of ownership models.