Re: Reply received.

You see if Jon Pratt arranges money to buy RP it will be in NCAFC name on the paperwork, but when registered at the land registry, it will have a charge listed against it. What is a charge? its something that has to be paid back before the land can be sold. So it is a debt, and if we need further finance for players wages the bank will say what debts do you have registered, which makes life less easy, especially as we also need the money to pay the mortgage, and it becomes a spiral called Bury FC.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2023, 3:31 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: March 10th, 2023, 2:53 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2023, 2:37 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: March 10th, 2023, 1:52 pm Yes Brendan, you and your stupid idea of Newport County ever owning our own ground. Ridiculous :roll: :lol:
Ask Newport Rugby if it was a good idea to go £6 million in debt for the Bisley facilities that they had no need for? What did not worrying about the financial side lead to for the club that owned Rodney Parade?

What about Wasps taking out a massive debt to buy the Coventry Stadium, what do they now own?
Who plays there now?

I'm not saying NCAFC shouldn't take an interest in RP, but it should be in our interests to do so.
That's up to Jon Pratt to discuss isn't it, to work out whose interests it best serves. If it works out that it's in the best interests of WRU/Dragons if NCAFC purchase, then how does that work for NCAFC?

That of course all assumes that it is for sale, and or the Dragon's want to share a mortgage and the maintenance and service costs that NCAFC might not be able to afford going alone. And what if NCAFC owned the Stadium, had a small rent from the Dragon's, who then said we want to play elsewhere now? Where does that leave us?

35 years ago my wife and I had a ground floor flat in Pontcanna in Cardiff. It was the bottom of of a large house which had been converted into two flats. Both flats shared the land title, and the girl upstairs had a 200 year lease from the title for her half, same as us downstairs. So effectively we were her landlord, and she was ours. It meant that should problems arise between the parties both had some measure of control over the other.

If it can be financially worked out at RP, it could be that land ownership it is split down the half way line, with NCAFC owning one half and Dragon's the other, renting the remainder on match days.

It could be that the Dragon's don't want a half, but would go for a third. Whatever is the solution, it would need to work well for both parties.

This is what I hope is being discussed, and set against affordability and need, not.......... unless we own RP were fucked next season, as that is quite simply another lie.

Instead of just asking Coventry or Newport RFC, ask the many, many other clubs that own their grounds. Just for a bit of balance like.
Do they, or do the banks own them?

Good to see, that you're not interested in the financial balance, only a piece of paper.

Ahh that’s where you’re wrong. Good to see that you don’t know shit from chocolate

Exile 1976 wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:00 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: March 10th, 2023, 1:52 pm Yes Brendan, you and your stupid idea of Newport County ever owning our own ground. Ridiculous :roll: :lol:
Ask Newport Rugby if it was a good idea to go £6 million in debt for the Bisley facilities that they had no need for? What did not worrying about the financial side lead to for the club that owned Rodney Parade?

What about Wasps taking out a massive debt to buy the Coventry Stadium, what do they now own?
Who plays there now?

I'm not saying NCAFC shouldn't take an interest in RP, but it should be in our interests to do so.
That's up to Jon Pratt to discuss isn't it, to work out whose interests it best serves. If it works out that it's in the best interests of WRU/Dragons if NCAFC purchase, then how does that work for NCAFC?

That of course all assumes that it is for sale, and or the Dragon's want to share a mortgage and the maintenance and service costs that NCAFC might not be able to afford going alone. And what if NCAFC owned the Stadium, had a small rent from the Dragon's, who then said we want to play elsewhere now? Where does that leave us?

35 years ago my wife and I had a ground floor flat in Pontcanna in Cardiff. It was the bottom of of a large house which had been converted into two flats. Both flats shared the land title, and the girl upstairs had a 200 year lease from the title for her half, same as us downstairs. So effectively we were her landlord, and she was ours. It meant that should problems arise between the parties both had some measure of control over the other.

If it can be financially worked out at RP, it could be that land ownership it is split down the half way line, with NCAFC owning one half and Dragon's the other, renting the remainder on match days.

It could be that the Dragon's don't want a half, but would go for a third. Whatever is the solution, it would need to work well for both parties.

This is what I hope is being discussed, and set against affordability and need, not.......... unless we own RP were fucked next season, as that is quite simply another lie.

Instead of just asking Coventry or Newport RFC, ask the many, many other clubs that own their grounds. Just for a bit of balance like.

Good to see, that you're not interested in the financial balance, only a piece of paper.

Ahh that’s where you’re wrong. Good to see that you don’t know shit from chocolate
Just like your master, if you can't answer go into attack mode.

Quite. This is the problem with Bangitinthenet. If he were to say that it is very important to be circumspect about big financial decisions I think most of us would agree. If he were to argue that there is a serious discussion to be had about how to best develop our club. Again hard to find fault with that approach. If he were to put forward the position that whilst it is very important that we look at what, if anything, Jon Pratt is bringing to the table but that we shouldn't all ne doing cartwheels just yet, again I'm sure we'd all be on board with that.

But that's not what Bangitinthenet is saying. Clearly his knowledge of economics is as limited as it is about everything else.

Which doesn't worry me. What does worry me is that there appear to be a section of club directors who are equally limited. Who simply want to hang on to their positions.

Where have you gone Jimmy Exile?
Directors turn their lonely eyes to you,
Coo coo ca choo.
What's that you say Bangitinthenet ?
Alan J Bryant has left and gone away.

Hey hey hey,
Hey hey hey.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2023, 12:40 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 10th, 2023, 11:39 am
whoareya wrote: March 10th, 2023, 11:09 am

I think any proactivity relates to the club being skint, in which case its actually reactivity.

They've all been ticking along whilst the Cup run money was rolling in and would probably still be doing so if the Cup runs and money had continued to flow.
My thoughts exactly. I would add that the Cup runs were always a temporary. Remember Colchester, Leeds and the Watney Cup? Sutton beating Coventry? Dickie Guy? (Leeds again) Yeovil at Sunderland? Walsall beating Arsenal in the 1930s? I could go on.

The sensible thing to do with an unexpected windfall is to invest it. In the knowledge that it won't happen year in year out.

Only complete idiots in charge of a lower League club would think great Cup runs would go on for ever.

🤔
Invest in what precisely?

NCAFC have a pitch suitable, and a stand suitable for away fans, and Electronic advertising suitable to pay for the former. So similar to Exeter who had cup runs but also huge sums from player sales. Exeter also stayed in the second division for 18 years, with the same manager for the majority of that time.
Training facilities? Like Exeter did!

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:51 pm

Who plays there now?

Just like your master, if you can't answer go into attack mode.

My master? Haha, don’t get flustered now and stop being a silly little boy

I have been a member of this message board for several years, having only posted my first two messages recently.

Reading the recent exchanges, this board has become nothing but a nursery playground due to a minority, as is usually the case. Somewhere between the one-upmanship, there lies interesting information, important debates worthy of further conversation and possibly of some concern for us supporters.

I regularly attend matches, know noone and use this group to gain a greater insight in all things County. What incentive do these messages give to encourage new supporters to sign up and contribute to the wider fan base, or maybe even volunteer (as I have in the past) and who knows may even put themselves forward on the board in the future.

I don't know Mr Hando personally or any of the exiles that have passed on to the stadium in the sky, may they all rest in peace. What I am fairly sure of, is that they would speak out against the disrespect being shown to each other. I'm not bothered if I dont ever post again but I certainly didn't sign up to see this.

So much for One Club, One County....

TheElfInspector wrote: March 10th, 2023, 5:44 pm I have been a member of this message board for several years, having only posted my first two messages recently.

Reading the recent exchanges, this board has become nothing but a nursery playground due to a minority, as is usually the case. Somewhere between the one-upmanship, there lies interesting information, important debates worthy of further conversation and possibly of some concern for us supporters.

I regularly attend matches, know noone and use this group to gain a greater insight in all things County. What incentive do these messages give to encourage new supporters to sign up and contribute to the wider fan base, or maybe even volunteer (as I have in the past) and who knows may even put themselves forward on the board in the future.

I don't know Mr Hando personally or any of the exiles that have passed on to the stadium in the sky, may they all rest in peace. What I am fairly sure of, is that they would speak out against the disrespect being shown to each other. I'm not bothered if I dont ever post again but I certainly didn't sign up to see this.

I have complete sympathy for what you say. You have stated that you have been a messageboard member for a few years. Could I ask that you please try and see the bigger picture here. The debate appears to be about club/trust/RP, call it what you like. That is the surface veneer.

What is actually going on is one poster doing his damnest to get another poster to leave the messageboard. He thinks that if enough people say things like you, they will get pissed off, will vote with their feet, or in this case, their fingers and leave the messageboard. He is not the policeman of this board and neither is he the moderator thank goodness. In his attempt to try and get Stan to leave the messageboard, he even replied that ‘Admin know what I am trying to do’. That thread was eventually closed down by Admin after other developments.

Try and see through the fluff and bluster and see what this messageboard really is. A good sounding board for people to discuss all things County, all opinions, especially Exiles, who like me, get most (but not all) of their club info’ from this fantastic resource.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:55 pm

Quite. This is the problem with Bangitinthenet. If he were to say that it is very important to be circumspect about big financial decisions I think most of us would agree. If he were to argue that there is a serious discussion to be had about how to best develop our club. Again hard to find fault with that approach. If he were to put forward the position that whilst it is very important that we look at what, if anything, Jon Pratt is bringing to the table but that we shouldn't all ne doing cartwheels just yet, again I'm sure we'd all be on board with that.

But that's not what Bangitinthenet is saying. Clearly his knowledge of economics is as limited as it is about everything else.

Which doesn't worry me. What does worry me is that there appear to be a section of club directors who are equally limited. Who simply want to hang on to their positions.

Where have you gone Jimmy Exile?
Directors turn their lonely eyes to you,
Coo coo ca choo.
What's that you say Bangitinthenet ?
Alan J Bryant has left and gone away.

Hey hey hey,
Hey hey hey.

Come back from the pub and WTAF, nothing but Leprechaun economics.

pembsexile wrote: March 10th, 2023, 5:54 pm
TheElfInspector wrote: March 10th, 2023, 5:44 pm I have been a member of this message board for several years, having only posted my first two messages recently.

I have complete sympathy for what you say. You have stated that you have been a messageboard member for a few years. Could I ask that you please try and see the bigger picture here. The debate appears to be about club/trust/RP, call it what you like. That is the surface veneer.

What is actually going on is one poster doing his damnest to get another poster to leave the messageboard. He thinks that if enough people say things like you, they will get pissed off, will vote with their feet, or in this case, their fingers and leave the messageboard. He is not the policeman of this board and neither is he the moderator thank goodness. In his attempt to try and get Stan to leave the messageboard, he even replied that ‘Admin know what I am trying to do’. That thread was eventually closed down by Admin after other developments.

Try and see through the fluff and bluster and see what this messageboard really is. A good sounding board for people to discuss all things County, all opinions, especially Exiles, who like me, get most (but not all) of their club info’ from this fantastic resource.
I have never asked you to leave, I have never asked Admin for you to leave, or anything of the sort, so again only lies. I point out the flaws in your argument that's all. And you don't like being challenged do you? You are above all that, you are to do the challenging, no one is to challenge m your views.

This is a discussion forum, all views are valid you don't need to tell people whether their views are valid, as you have above. If you disagree put forward your own views, not attack.

God I hope you acted for the prosecution and not the defence in your professional life.

Spot on pembs

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2023, 6:38 pm

I have never asked you to leave, I have never asked Admin for you to leave, or anything of the sort, so again only lies. I point out the flaws in your argument that's all. And you don't like being challenged do you? You are above all that, you are to do the challenging, no one is to challenge m your views.

This is a discussion forum, all views are valid you don't need to tell people whether their views are valid, as you have above. If you disagree put forward your own views, not attack.

God I hope you acted for the prosecution and not the defence in your professional life.
Had one to many did we? That's pembs not Stan.

Embarrassing yourself yet again….probably best not to message after a few beers.

Trigger wrote: March 10th, 2023, 6:50 pm

Had one to many did we? That's pembs not Stan.
Does it matter, we get the same accusations, which are just made up crap to divert from what is actually said. And why? because they can't answer, so I get one after the other on the attack. Just answer, it's a forum........

Personally I hope that Jon Pratt is now talking to David Buttress, but obviously he needs to understand that the Dragon's have been trying to get someone to take over the Dragon's and RP, for years and years and they have failed. So ask him why if RP is such a good deal for the Dragon's why?

I agree with you Elfinspector. I've had enough of all the personal insults on this message board.