Re: Exiles Grandstand: Bradford City

countymadbel wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:46 pm Joe day positioning was dreadful
Not to mention his kicking! All in all I would have settled for a point today pre-match so I cant really complain though in truth we could and maybe should have snatched it at the end with Evans and Lewis both going close. That felt like it may be an important point but we must start winning it’s getting tight.

Bradford use all the tricks,play a pass and go down in case it goes to us,the ref was buying it throughout.Their big strikers giving a little shove as our guys try to win headers.Their strikers use their bodies and their physicality where we have Bogle who doesn’t,he is a pussy cat,how does he stay on 90 minutes.Evans was on less than 10 minutes yet managed two attempts at goal,Bogle had none,unless we count that pathetic attempt which set it up for Charlsley to shoot.All in all,happy with the commitment but it takes one of theirs to score for us,probably deserved to win but,it’s either defenders or og’s for us,no forward looking likely to score.Finally,what about their keeper catching it outside of the D,how is it not red.Worst ref in a long time.

lowandhard wrote: March 11th, 2023, 5:28 pm
countymadbel wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:46 pm Joe day positioning was dreadful
Not to mention his kicking! All in all I would have settled for a point today pre-match so I cant really complain though in truth we could and maybe should have snatched it at the end with Evans and Lewis both going close. That felt like it may be an important point but we must start winning it’s getting tight.
Agree with that except the last bit.Still 10 points clear,still 9 ahead of Pools even though no win in four.Win Tuesday and level with Wimbledon.

Percy plunkett wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:08 pm Bradford use all the tricks,play a pass and go down in case it goes to us,the ref was buying it throughout.Their big strikers giving a little shove as our guys try to win headers.Their strikers use their bodies and their physicality where we have Bogle who doesn’t,he is a pussy cat,how does he stay on 90 minutes.Evans was on less than 10 minutes yet managed two attempts at goal,Bogle had none,unless we count that pathetic attempt which set it up for Charlsley to shoot.All in all,happy with the commitment but it takes one of theirs to score for us,probably deserved to win but,it’s either defenders or og’s for us,no forward looking likely to score.Finally,what about their keeper catching it outside of the D,how is it not red.Worst ref in a long time.
How could the ref give a red card to a player who had made an honest mistake caused by a pitch marking that should not have been on a football pitch? It would have been unjust. The rules of the game may require a sending off but they also say that that line shouldn't be there. In my opinion the referee did the right thing.

I think that the Dragons have finished their fixtures at RP so hopefully the ground staff will be able to run a mower over the rugby lines and get rid them.

G Guest wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:41 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:08 pm Bradford use all the tricks,play a pass and go down in case it goes to us,the ref was buying it throughout.Their big strikers giving a little shove as our guys try to win headers.Their strikers use their bodies and their physicality where we have Bogle who doesn’t,he is a pussy cat,how does he stay on 90 minutes.Evans was on less than 10 minutes yet managed two attempts at goal,Bogle had none,unless we count that pathetic attempt which set it up for Charlsley to shoot.All in all,happy with the commitment but it takes one of theirs to score for us,probably deserved to win but,it’s either defenders or og’s for us,no forward looking likely to score.Finally,what about their keeper catching it outside of the D,how is it not red.Worst ref in a long time.
How could the ref give a red card to a player who had made an honest mistake caused by a pitch marking that should not have been on a football pitch. The rules of the game may require a sending off but they also say that that line shouldn't be there. In my opinion the referee did the right thing.

I think that the Dragons have finished their fixtures at RP so hopefully the ground staff will be able to run a mower over the rugby lines and get rid them.
If it was a genuine mistake why did he caution him

The D isn't in the penalty area, so the keeper crossed the white line at the edge of the penalty area and then the white line of the D, and he still thought he was in the penalty area. There's no doubt about it he should have been send off.

UPTHEPORT wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:42 pm
G Guest wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:41 pm
How could the ref give a red card to a player who had made an honest mistake caused by a pitch marking that should not have been on a football pitch. The rules of the game may require a sending off but they also say that that line shouldn't be there. In my opinion the referee did the right thing.

If it was a genuine mistake why did he caution him
Do you really think that he deliberately picked the ball up (nonchalantly as it happens) when he was unchallenged under no pressure. He picked the ball up because he thought that the 22 line was the 18 yard line. Absolutely no doubt about it. I've seen it happen before by our goalkeeper in a Newport AFC friendly played at Abertillery Park many years ago. The referee just gave a free kick saying that the line shouldn't be on the pitch and he wasn't sending the keeper off.