Re: Seems they don't like Newport

What an unpleasant attitude that journalist has. It's dreadful that Bradford have to make those long journeys to away games., and then it goes and rains, poor dears. Then he bemoans the fact that Bradford ran out of steam after sixty minutes. If Mark Hughes didn't assemble a team who mostly resembled middleweight boxers and put a few skilful players on the pitch, they may have been more successful. The idea that they have ambitions of an automatic promotion place just says it's a very mediocre league this season. We were the better side, without really looking like winning the match.

I Like this bit - "Interestingly, the assessor watching from the stand felt the referee should have sent Lewis on his way.".

While in Law it probably was a yellow as there was no clear goalscoring opportunity, he did seem to take a yellow rather than get into a challenge with McNeil after he escaped the clutches of the centre back.

Amberexile wrote: March 12th, 2023, 4:16 pm I Like this bit - "Interestingly, the assessor watching from the stand felt the referee should have sent Lewis on his way.".

While in Law it probably was a yellow as there was no clear goalscoring opportunity, he did seem to take a yellow rather than get into a challenge with McNeil after he escaped the clutches of the centre back.
Straight red card all day long - deliberate handball outside the box with a Newport attacker gaining ground.

The mitigation is that the green paint covering the rugby markings had been washed away. I can understand how Bradford might label us as tin pot. If I was referee, I wouldn’t have allowed the game to go ahead until the rugby lines were obscured and if that couldn’t be done because of the weather, I’d have reported County for failing to have a suitable pitch.

I think the ref showed good common sense on this occasion though.

mad norm wrote: March 12th, 2023, 8:21 pm How can anyone be offended with that article?

Apart from Gary Lineker?
Was it racist, no. Was it sexist, no. Did it espouse violence, no. It smacked of superiority and condescension. You are a tin pot club and we are much better than you and it rains where you are. So bloody what. The only person who could be offended was the County drummer boy. I bet he is glad he got a mention.