Re: Season Tickets

neilcork68 wrote: March 13th, 2023, 9:07 am As we are supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB I would have thought a thing like season tickets would be one of the top priorities for the club that rely on the income that season tickets bring in...Someone should be responsible for it , surely ?
It was an example of pricing I posted...In these hard times surely the club could look at options of trying to help out fans who are having a hard time financially but want to commit to buying tickets but budgets are stretched....It could be the difference for some who cant afford buying under the current set up of a shorter payment plan but may be able to under a longer plan ??
As a professional outfit I would have thought we would be pro active as an organisation rather than wait and see what other companies do
Let's just say that we budgeted X for starting last season, plus the January window Y, including any uplift from cup competition's. Rowberry plans on that basis, but when he has injuries to his key players Zanzala and Wildig, desides to dip into Y early, but prioritise Cup competitions more than usual, to hopefully increase Y. However it all go's Pete Tong, when winnable home games following Cup games, like Walsall at home, turn into losses. I believe we were still doing well in all Cup competitions when Rowberry was relieved of his duties.

Then Graham Coughlan has a different plan, we therefore don't continue to do better in the cup than in the league.

The result, a low spend in the January window, and players that GC would have gone for, he is unable to deliver. Now don't get me wrong I still think the January window was a success nonetheless.

The budgeting has to be forecast for problems, as we and others have to submit the budget to the FA, and show how we intend to finance it and continue to finance it as the season progresses.
That of course is different for Gillingham for instance who have had an input of cash due to a very recent takeover.

To think it through further, is it possible that Darren Kelly felt undermined by the club having John Trollope assisting in the process of choosing a new manager? This further enhanced by a more experienced GC using a freelancer to assist with his signings?

IMO it would be understandable then if Darren Kelly ended his stint with NCAFC as a disgruntled employee.

neilcork68 wrote: March 13th, 2023, 9:59 am Who would be the person with responsibility for putting a range of options to the board, with the associated projected financial implications? Would it be the acting General Manager or someone else?

Is that the BOD where the Chairman is AWOL ?
Is that the club that has an 'acting General Manager?'
The person responsible for putting a range of options to the Supporters Trust board for a decision on season tickets previously has been the General Manager, who acts as the secretary of that board. This board is committed to meet at least quartily in accordance with NCAFC governance policy.
That is of course the board whose Chairmen P Marks is not AWOL, as opposed to the club group Chairman.
What I'm not sure about is whether or not the Interim General Manager sits in on the club group meetings, if indeed there have been any since her appointment. This group is committed to meet at least monthly.
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on March 13th, 2023, 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

neilcork68 wrote: March 13th, 2023, 9:59 am Who would be the person with responsibility for putting a range of options to the board, with the associated projected financial implications? Would it be the acting General Manager or someone else?

Is that the BOD where the Chairman is AWOL ?
Is that the club that has an 'acting General Manager?'
If it is the General Manager wouldn't he have a spreadsheet, where all spending and income is accounted for, and the budget forecast to the end of the season amended, week by week?

Someone on here suggested that Darren Kelly sent an email to the club, with a list of players names that he had personally assessed, but after the January window shut. Does that indicate a happy or disgruntled employee? Who's possible fault was that, the incoming manager, or a chairman listening to unhappy fans?

What if the General Manager decided that his plans for the future budget had been undermined as well?

When on the sick, he decides not to allow access to his spreadsheets, and thus put the club in an awkward position trying to budget going forward?

Or can someone definitively say that I am on the wrong lines, and be able to confirm exactly why?