Cheltenham 2023

It’s that time again, starting tomorrow. I know it’s not everyone cup of tea and if you do bet, please do it responsibly. I’m only doing two races tomorrow, the Supreme Novices Hurdle at 13.30 (the opener) and the Champion Hurdle at 15.30.

I am certainly no expert, but for the opener I am going for Marine Nationale who has won its last 4 races this season. The favourite went lame last month so may be best to avoid him even if Willie Mullins is the trainer.

For the second race, people reckon that Constitution Hill will romp it. However, there is no value there at 1/3. Try and grab the second (ew) and it is a choice between two Mullins horses, State Man and Vauban. One of them should come second. Vauban is better value for me.

Good luck.

Re: Cheltenham 2023

Good Evening

I like a small wager and enjoy the racing, my bets however are only £1 each way or £2 win. I also host a tipping competition at work, imaginary £1 stake on one selection each race, five pound entry and winner takes all ( 17 entrants this year). That is great fun throughout the four days and often the people who pick just by the name win with a rank outsider on the last day!

Phil in Northampton

UPTHEPORT wrote: March 14th, 2023, 5:10 am Some good offers

Skybet offering money back if your horse loses up to 2 quid in one race

Got a free quid bet on Ladbroke

Paddy Power given me a free fiver bet today

And used the even money bet on constitution hill

I'll sniff out some more offers
Well spotted with Skybet Jim. That’s for the first race - Supreme Novices hurdle only. Can’t lose on that one. That is where my first bet is going - Marine Nationale £2 win at 5/1. The odds have dropped because the going today is soft, that could effect a lot of the runners, could be some surprises today.

phil_in_npton wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:13 am Good Morning Jim

Are you using your own money to bet on Constitution Hill or free money?

Phil in Northampton
Morning Phil my winnings from William Hill past week they been chucking free spins out on various places such as the daily scrach card and drop and win you get one free go at both each day

WH also give you five free spins on the home page most days just opt in and WH Vegas has free spins at least 3 times a week

Morning all!! got my treble sorted for today,

Fantastikas, Twiston Davies 2 50
Epatante Nicky Henderson 4 10
Sir Allen Andrew Slattery 4 50

EW of course
My missus works the festival every year and the box she works is owned by the mastersons who are owners and have very good connections, its not very often they give her a tip but today they gave her Fastorslow in the 2 50 so i may have a fiver on that also, good luck everyone.

pembsexile wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:22 am

Well spotted with Skybet Jim. That’s for the first race - Supreme Novices hurdle only. Can’t lose on that one. That is where my first bet is going - Marine Nationale £2 win at 5/1. The odds have dropped because the going today is soft, that could effect a lot of the runners, could be some surprises today.

Great start Mike 👏

UPTHEPORT wrote: March 14th, 2023, 1:45 pm
pembsexile wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:22 am

Great start Mike 👏
Cheers Jim.£10 up already. Gives me a few options for a few extra bets. Nothing extravagant. Next horse for me is Vauban each way in the Champion Hurdle. He won’t win though, that’s a given.