Re: Inclusion room at RP?

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 14th, 2023, 5:58 pm
Amberexile wrote: March 14th, 2023, 4:40 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 14th, 2023, 11:44 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:53 am I'd say the problem is fire regs if you're in the stand it's a job to get someone in a wheelchair out quickly where they are there's very little to stop them getting out for the majority of game's
That's a very good point that I hadn't considered.

I did wonder about the small section of terrace - now out of bounds- behind the dug outs in the Compeed Stand, as a possibility. However even if it was possible to retrofit a flat area at the back of the terrace, by creating an access cut through from the concourse. This would mean moving the existing refreshments etc, providing less able toilets etc, but I can now see that egress problems would in fact be the deal breaker.

The North Stand at Hilsborough with disabled sections at the front which have been there for well over 20 years. It seems this type of facility would be fairly simple to implement on the terraced area of the Compeed stand.
IMO something like that would block the access to the Compeed terrace which is at the bottom behind the perimeter fencing. Re thinking the back of the Compeed terrace idea I wonder if only powered wheelchair/mobility scooters could be allowed, which would aid emergency egress before the top tier of the stand, assuming of course it is needed.
I've both sat in the North Stand at Hilsborough and stood on the Compeed (Hazel) Terrace many times. What they have at Hilsborough could easily be done at RP at the changing rooms end. There is an exit at that end of the stand that hasn't been used since our first couple of seasons there. There just needs to be the will to do it or something similar.