Re: Exiles Grandstand: Newport v Wimbledon

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:01 pm
Free beer wrote: March 14th, 2023, 9:57 pm The guy a couple of seats across from me fell asleep at the start of the second half. I envied him.
Got much livelier when Kavanagh etc came on
After that first half, I'd have envied the guy a couple of seats across from you had he dropped dead. :grin:
What they used to call “ a blessed release “. Very frustrating how poor we are at nearly everything, Day never thinks of coming for crosses, our passing and crossing is abysmal and as for a goal threat…well we don’t have one! I think we should start Kavanagh not McNeill but whether he’ll make a big difference I’m unsure. What I do know is that giving the ball away and floating harmless balls across the box just doesn’t work. The young lad Rai looked useful, he and Kavanagh would be livelier than Bogle and McNeill but maybe a bit too lightweight.

Re: Exiles Grandstand: Newport v Wimbledon

Goals win Matches wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:46 pm As always inability to score in the first half.
If only we had a striker!
Can't argue with that of course. A goal scorer improves every team.
Think what is equally relevent though, looking at the home and away tables for League 2 is we are the 11th best team away from home and the 20th at home. This clearly points to a psychological deficit for home games. It suggests a need for a decent sports psychologist.