Re: Mickey

I get surprised by the stick that Mickey receives,it may be tongue in cheek but probably,he set the bar so high that when he is off a bit ,it is noticed.He played a massive part in the great escape,remember his goals,he played in all the cup wins.Flynny was idolised for that so why isn’t MD.He recovered from a broken leg,dead quick,he played with a fractured cheekbone for months and,never shied from a tackle or header.If anyone deserves a new contract,it is him,he will take some replacing when he finally calls it a day.I for one hope it’s not for a year or two yet.

Re: Mickey

Percy plunkett wrote: March 15th, 2023, 11:43 pm I get surprised by the stick that Mickey receives,it may be tongue in cheek but probably,he set the bar so high that when he is off a bit ,it is noticed.He played a massive part in the great escape,remember his goals,he played in all the cup wins.Flynny was idolised for that so why isn’t MD.He recovered from a broken leg,dead quick,he played with a fractured cheekbone for months and,never shied from a tackle or header.If anyone deserves a new contract,it is him,he will take some replacing when he finally calls it a day.I for one hope it’s not for a year or two yet.
I 100% agree Percy. He has been a rock and so dependable, I poke fun at his semi-regular OGs but I guess this shows his wholehearted commitment to clearing the ball and makes last-ditch deflections.

I see Micky as a manager in waiting. Hopefully ready to take over if/when GC moves on. I would certainly trust him.