Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 14th, 2023, 3:12 pm
pembsexile wrote: March 14th, 2023, 3:00 pm
llanwern exile wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:45 am
Morning all!! got my treble sorted for today,
Fantastikas, Twiston Davies 2 50
Epatante Nicky Henderson 4 10
Sir Allen Andrew Slattery 4 50
EW of course
My missus works the festival every year and the box she works is owned by the mastersons who are owners and have very good connections, its not very often they give her a tip but today they gave her Fastorslow in the 2 50 so i may have a fiver on that also, good luck everyone.
Bloody good call that one mate. The horse was just unlucky, beaten by a neck I think.
Well Mike, I am as blunt with my friends as I am with my enemies.
Bloody good call indeed. Especially if you name is Joe Coral, William Hill or Paddy Power.
Topical post, and given that you have mentioned William Hill, some news came out about the company this morning.
They have just been fined £19.2 million for betting irregularities. A man was allowed to spend £100k even though he had a £70k limit. Another put £32k on a series of bets even though he had been a customer for only 20 minutes. No checks were done. William Hill says it has tightened up its control measures and that happened in the recent past. Very brave of them. I wonder if they are going to reimburse those addicted gamblers who they let down?
Apparently 95% of the profits of the gambling companies are made from 5% of their customers. They obviously know this but didn’t/don’t take any action. This leaves the 95% of use who try and bet in a reasonable manner tarred with a brush that we don’t own.
I would suggest that as these 5% of addicted gamblers are known, then the authorities ban them from ever having a betting account anywhere when betting from the UK. Being a realist, I don’t think it will happen but in my opinion, the answer is there. If the companies and the authorities want some credibility, then action needs to be taken. The fine is pathetic.