Re: Former players you'd want back!

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: March 19th, 2023, 3:55 pm Aaron Collins and Regan Poole.
Collins is the sort-of-realistic ‘one that got away’ for me. I’m sure we couldn’t offer the wages he would have demanded, but if we could have picked him up, after he came back on loan, or around the time he signed for Forest Green we could have been flying by now, with how well he’s come on as a prolific striker

On Poole, that playoff loss to Tranmere was a real sliding doors moment. We may have been able to pick up Poole on a permanent contract, or have afforded to keep Butler, and have a decent platform to solidify as a League 1 club, if only a few things had gone differently in a single game.
Last edited by halfmoon on March 19th, 2023, 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 19th, 2023, 12:02 pm
jamiencafc wrote: March 19th, 2023, 11:58 am Ben White could do a job for us still, maybe.
In fairness he did say loanees not allowed.
My bad for skimming over the thread :oops:

I'd have quite happily kept Tom King as our number 1.

Dan Butler was brilliant.

As suggested, Andrew Hughes. Perhaps goes under the radar for how consistent he's been at a good level of football. Surprised he's never had a sniff for Wales.

jamiencafc wrote: March 19th, 2023, 11:00 pm
jamiencafc wrote: March 19th, 2023, 11:58 am Ben White could do a job for us still, maybe.
My bad for skimming over the thread :oops:

I'd have quite happily kept Tom King as our number 1.

Dan Butler was brilliant.

As suggested, Andrew Hughes. Perhaps goes under the radar for how consistent he's been at a good level of football. Surprised he's never had a sniff for Wales.
Agree about Andrew Hughes. Mr consistent for Preston. Almost won their player of the year recently. Wonder if he will be included in the Wales squad for the Croatia game on Saturday. It would be nice if he did. He was with us for our Wembley game against the Goggs.

Talking of Ben White, I wonder if the club has asked him to sponsor a kit like Kane does for Orient ?
I have seen numerous reports of how much he enjoyed his time with us and the high regards he holds for the club .
Given reports he is one of Arsenals top earners and after yesterdays performance against Wilfred Zaha where he had him 'in his pocket' all game he might want to empty his pockets of a little cash ? :lol: