Re: News regarding ex County players

wattsville_boy wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:38 pm
DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 8th, 2023, 1:21 pm Lewis Collins scored another for Torquay last night, a bit of a scuffed, deflected effort but they all count. That’s 2 in 3 starts for him now, showing perhaps what he can do if given a run of games.
...at a lower level...
Hard to tell really, he's never had much of a chance with us. The gap between the two leagues is very small, I wouldn't write him off.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 8th, 2023, 1:21 pm Lewis Collins scored another for Torquay last night, a bit of a scuffed, deflected effort but they all count. That’s 2 in 3 starts for him now, showing perhaps what he can do if given a run of games.
...at a lower level...

Most of the top 10 teams in the National League would probably have a higher budget than us an many of them would probably give us a very hard game if not beat us at present...There is a very small gap between the National League and League 2 now as many of the teams in the National League are full time professional outfits

rncfc wrote: March 9th, 2023, 9:47 am
...at a lower level...
Hard to tell really, he's never had much of a chance with us. The gap between the two leagues is very small, I wouldn't write him off.
I wasn't writing him off. I think with many of County's squad it's a question of low confidence. And how do you gain confidence - by playing. And I doubt whether the decision on whether he gets retained will be made on how he performed with Torquay, but how he performed with County...