Pension

Looks like I'm going to be 68 now before I get my state pension absolutely disgusting that would mean I'd have paid in 52 years NI contributions

Perhaps we should be more like france they are going bonkers because its going to 64 !

It's fine for these politicians who are getting a lovely fat pension to say you've basically got to work till you drop

Re: Pension

UPTHEPORT wrote: March 30th, 2023, 2:48 pm Looks like I'm going to be 68 now before I get my state pension absolutely disgusting that would mean I'd have paid in 52 years NI contributions

Perhaps we should be more like france they are going bonkers because its going to 64 !

It's fine for these politicians who are getting a lovely fat pension to say you've basically got to work till you drop
How old are you now? these changes are staggered so won't happen for a while will they? Also don't affect non state pensions nor stop anyone saving up and quitting/reducing hours at work. Essentially people can retire at any age.

a right bugger for me as I was born shortly after the cut off in 1978! Thanks mum and dad! Fortunately or actually because of planning I have employment pensions and some small savings so won't be relying on my state pension too much.

The state pension age for both men and women born after April 6 1978, is now 68. However, the pension age for those born before April 6 1970, remains 67 years.

Re: Pension

excessbee wrote: March 31st, 2023, 12:43 pm Not saying I agree with raising the pensionable age to 68, but it affects people who are currently 45 or younger. I suppose there's plenty of time to get used to it. :(
Don't rub it in! I'll be 45 shortly just missed the cut off! If I was a woman I could start a campaign and say it was 'sexism' and that 'I wasn't told' :wink: