Re: Gog signings.

halfmoon wrote: April 1st, 2023, 7:32 am Won’t they get hit pretty hard by the financial rules of League 2 if they keep that up? I didn’t think you could get away with that kind of spending
The money that they get from Netflix is not in their financial accounting yet. That goes in y/e 5-4-23. Reportedly £425k profit per episode. 18 episodes so about £7.5m.

They have formed a new company, R.R.McReynolds LLC which has lent Wrexham FC money. These are separate legal entities and means that the owners can sell Wrexham at some time in the future separately from the company that owns the debt. They are simply protecting their investment in hope that one day they can get some of it back. In other words, legally, they have gifted Wrexham nothing so far. It isn't clear who is entitled to the Netflix money, Wrexham FC, R.R.Mc or some other company Reynolds owns.

Yeh, I get the legal bit. What gripes is the media love in with them saying that ‘they’ are putting money into the club. ‘They’ aren’t. Their owned companies are. It is this part of the capitalist system that stinks. Moving money that you own around to protect your personal interest.

Reynolds has an interest in an Ottawa sports franchise. Multi million interest. He has also sold a share in a gin company he partly owned for a humungous amount of cash. He will never starve, he will never need to use a food bank. Once they are bored, I suspect they will sell up. Wrexham could very likely crash and burn.

Very possibly. Wrexham are being loaded with debt. There may not be any greedy motive behind what Reynolds and his associates are doing but the fact remains that Wrexham FC's future depends on the continuing goodwill of a very few wealthy individuals.

This will still all end in tears within a few years, which is why I still believe the fans are absolutely mad to give up ownership of the club. It’s not worth the future instability. It’s not ‘their’ club anymore, they just need to pray the owners treat them well, but they’ve no obligation to.

Amberexile wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:40 am What I don;t get, and this counts for any club taking "investment" to take them above L2 is at what level do they expect to magically become self-sufficient and start reducing their debt through profits?
That’s the bit I don’t get either. I think I am naturally suspicious of anyone from outside the football area wishing to invest in a club. There must be a time when they say enough and sell up. In the case of Wrexham, the club now owe £3.27 million. What will it be when the new owners wish to sell? Once the Hollywood money stops, they will go back to being what they were.

The general football problem is that there is so much money in the game that businesspeople want a part of it. Fans don’t see it that way. Money always talks unfortunately.

halfmoon wrote: April 1st, 2023, 12:01 pm This will still all end in tears within a few years, which is why I still believe the fans are absolutely mad to give up ownership of the club. It’s not worth the future instability. It’s not ‘their’ club anymore, they just need to pray the owners treat them well, but they’ve no obligation to.
I couldn't agree more. I would opt for the Supporter's trust model every time. Even if it meant going back to non-league rather than follow a rich man's play-thing. And what this hybrid thing is God knows.

G Guest wrote: April 1st, 2023, 1:39 pm
halfmoon wrote: April 1st, 2023, 12:01 pm This will still all end in tears within a few years, which is why I still believe the fans are absolutely mad to give up ownership of the club. It’s not worth the future instability. It’s not ‘their’ club anymore, they just need to pray the owners treat them well, but they’ve no obligation to.
I couldn't agree more. I would opt for the Supporter's trust model every time. Even if it meant going back to non-league rather than follow a rich man's play-thing. And what this hybrid thing is God knows.
Perhaps God will offer an explanation in the close season?

pembsexile wrote: April 1st, 2023, 1:29 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:40 am What I don;t get, and this counts for any club taking "investment" to take them above L2 is at what level do they expect to magically become self-sufficient and start reducing their debt through profits?
That’s the bit I don’t get either. I think I am naturally suspicious of anyone from outside the football area wishing to invest in a club. There must be a time when they say enough and sell up. In the case of Wrexham, the club now owe £3.27 million. What will it be when the new owners wish to sell? Once the Hollywood money stops, they will go back to being what they were.

The general football problem is that there is so much money in the game that businesspeople want a part of it. Fans don’t see it that way. Money always talks unfortunately.
That's the thing for me, is who do you line up to take over an inheritance of debt. Same problem for Cardiff City and others, it just reduces the number of people in a position to take on a club.

Wrexham may have acquired the freehold to the Racecourse however they are still subject to a lease from the university that purchased both. The lease runs for 100 years at £100k and is a buy back lease for the buildings and stands, which are valued at £10 million. So Wrexham still have to meet the cost of replacing the bob bank themselves, despite not owning it for another 98 years. Something some would go apoplectic over I am sure..........

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 1st, 2023, 8:29 am
halfmoon wrote: April 1st, 2023, 7:32 am Won’t they get hit pretty hard by the financial rules of League 2 if they keep that up? I didn’t think you could get away with that kind of spending
The money that they get from Netflix is not in their financial accounting yet. That goes in y/e 5-4-23. Reportedly £425k profit per episode. 18 episodes so about £7.5m.
Disney not Netflix and I'm sure that's Disneys profit not Wrexham, I mean they're getting money but not 425k

I wonder if the horror channel would be interested in screening our games ?

Give viewers better nightmares than any horror movie would ever do.....

Plenty happening behind the scenes off field to make a documentary about too.....
They could always visit this site to see what's being assumed that is happening with the club too....

More Whispers than Cadbury's make a year😁