Wrexham

Irrespective of my feelings towards them and the way they are doing it you have to congratulate them in getting 100 points today.

Yes I can't stand the media love in and the amount of money being thrown at the 'project' ( after seeing the losses that they have made over the last few years) , you can't take away the fact they have got so many points..Both them and Notts County deserve promotion as they are proving they are the two best sides in their division

Re: Wrexham

neilcork68 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 5:16 pm Irrespective of my feelings towards them and the way they are doing it you have to congratulate them in getting 100 points today.

Yes I can't stand the media love in and the amount of money being thrown at the 'project' ( after seeing the losses that they have made over the last few years) , you can't take away the fact they have got so many points..Both them and Notts County deserve promotion as they are proving they are the two best sides in their division
Football is like life. And the play-off system amplifies this. If I were a Notts County fan who got fired yesterday and had come home to find my house burned down and that my wife had run off with my brother I'd conclude football and life were just unfair.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 1st, 2023, 5:22 pm
neilcork68 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 5:16 pm Irrespective of my feelings towards them and the way they are doing it you have to congratulate them in getting 100 points today.

Football is like life. And the play-off system amplifies this. If I were a Notts County fan who got fired yesterday and had come home to find my house burned down and that my wife had run off with my brother I'd conclude football and life were just unfair.
Is that the brother who features in the joke...
Husband : Wife can you tell me something that will make me happy and sad in the same sentence ?
Wife : Yes darling . Your willy is bigger compared to your brother 's

excessbee wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 10:27 am Now that they seem sure to get the automatic promotion place, maybe we should just quietly ignore them until next season's fixtures come out.
Well, this aged well. Hahaha.

I imagine they'll still go up, but I will absolutely laugh my head off if they finish 2nd on 112 points or something.

For me its the exhausting propaganda and sycophancy especially of BBC Wales (more so because they ignored NAFC/County for years when we were in non league!) - I get to an extent there is a 'human interest' story here but there are feelgood stories more worthy across all levels of football in Wales and beyond. It grates that the game v Notts was national news! good for Notts I suppose and the national league but come on!

Wrexham are a financially doped football club based in an ordinary little town [city now] not unlike Newport (perhaps slightly down at heel post industrial era) who will more than likely now gain promotion 'back' to the football league - there is some flowery bits around that but that is the story really - Salford Mark II if you like, now I couldn't be happier for [say] Wrexham lager or small businesses in Wrexham or the local Macron franchisee who supply their kits but the total lack of scrutiny from media is what annoys.

Agree with all of the posts. I really dislike Wrexham and have done before 2020. The influx of Hollywood cash has increased the dislike tenfold. The media love-in is one of the main things that annoys me. When we were consistently giant-killing for fun (entirely based on merit) we were largely ignored by the media in general, not to mention the Welsh media who have a blindspot for County bordering on the bizarre.

It'll be interesting to see how they manage FFP rules once they're in the EFL and realise they can't just financially dope their way to a League title. Let's not forget they couldn't do it at the first time of trying in a league that has no FFP rules so there's no guarantee they'll sweep away all before them in L2 (presuming they're up).

I can only speak for me, Brendan, but I wouldn't. I'm committed to the notion of fan ownership as a Good Thing, and would much prefer it to being owned by Hollywood A-listers, despotic oil states or other private interests, even if it limits our ambition. Sometimes virtue is its own reward.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: April 12th, 2023, 12:55 pm I can only speak for me, Brendan, but I wouldn't. I'm committed to the notion of fan ownership as a Good Thing, and would much prefer it to being owned by Hollywood A-listers, despotic oil states or other private interests, even if it limits our ambition. Sometimes virtue is its own reward.
And I'm with you on fan ownership. Notwithstanding that the way our club has been in my view usurped shows that it is not a panacea.

However reading your post it said that four articles in a day was embarrassing. And frankly I believe most of us would welcome that publicity.