Re: Exiles Grandstand Colchester away

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 1st, 2023, 5:18 pm If a gun was held to your head at three o'clock this afternoon and you had to predict the correct score to save your life, is there anyone who wouldn't have gone 0-0?
Did either side deserve a point after that , never mind a clean sheet

History will say that it was a good point away from home...After witnessing such a poor game a manager should be fuming that his side couldn't beat a side as bad as they faced today

Fu Ming wrote: April 1st, 2023, 5:31 pm Looks like we didn’t benefit from the 2 weeks off.
But on a more positive note at least we didn’t loose and picked up a point away from home.
Yep, I think the mindset was not to lose and then allow Colchester to catch up on us. 8 games to go and now 9 points set us apart from Pools in 23rd. We should be safe but with the County you never know.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: April 1st, 2023, 6:06 pm Can’t see us getting much from the next two fixtures. Home to Hartlepool could be a season defining game.
Yes we could end up sweating if ( when? ) we lose that one. If we play like we did today, can’t see where we get a point because teams around us getting a few wins now and none of our opposition can be as poor as Colchester we’re today. Resent time wasted today, I’ve had more fun at the dentist.

lowandhard wrote: April 1st, 2023, 6:46 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: April 1st, 2023, 6:06 pm Can’t see us getting much from the next two fixtures. Home to Hartlepool could be a season defining game.
Yes we could end up sweating if ( when? ) we lose that one. If we play like we did today, can’t see where we get a point because teams around us getting a few wins now and none of our opposition can be as poor as Colchester we’re today. Resent time wasted today, I’ve had more fun at the dentist.
I'm having a tooth out next week. Do you fancy having the fun instead of me. :bounce:

Blackandamber wrote: [quote=lowandhard post_id=689663 time=<a href="tel:1680371190">1680371190</a> user_id=524]
[quote=Kevinmoorefellover post_id=689659 time=<a href="tel:1680368817">1680368817</a> user_id=3918]
Can’t see us getting much from the next two fixtures. Home to Hartlepool could be a season defining game.
[/quote]

I'm having a tooth out next week. Do you fancy having the fun instead of me. :bounce:
[/quote]
Blackandamber wrote: April 1st, 2023, 9:27 pm
lowandhard wrote: April 1st, 2023, 6:46 pm
Sounds too exhilarating for me after today 😂 though it was a bit like having your teeth pulled today

A few reflections. I don't think it should be underestimated how terrible the playing conditions were. Late in the game, a Colchester player was about to take a corner and he was being battered by the gale coming in through the open space between the stands. Meanwhile we were sitting commenting on how much the wind had dropped where we were behind the goal. Their goalkeeper completely lost his kicking ability in the second half. It was a battle of attrition with some excellent defensive performances, individually and as a unit. We were under immense pressure early in the game, but by the end, were by far the better team. Aaron Lewis looked lively in his short time on the pitch. Would you want Bogle or Akinde in the team? Bogle every day. A good away point. Also good to see Crawley stuttering again. I never want to lose any game, but if we do, let it be to Hartlepool. They won't catch us, or at least they'll overtake the likes of Colchester first. I'd be happy to see them achieve a 'great escape' at the expense of Crawley.

Thanks for putting a different slant on the match. I wasn't there, sensibly opting for the shorter trip to Wingate and Finchley versus Canvey Island. Your comments on the Colchester micro climate made me nostalgic for the residential towers at Essex University back in the day.
I made an effort to read the Twitter updates and Man of the Match comments. Seriously, how do we go about winning a football match without Townsend, Farquharson and Zanzala, and with Moriah Welsh, Lewis and Kavanagh coming on at 85 minutes? Reading between the lines (pun intended), where was our midfield?