Re: News regarding ex County players

2476
excessbee wrote: September 1st, 2023, 8:19 pm Too much hype because of the Manchester United tag. He was only just good enough for a bit part in League Two. I wish him well, but I'm not convinced he will make an impact in League One.
Agree, I was underwhelmed by him at first and it didn't get much better as time went by. Perhaps a change of environment and a different squad will bring out the best in him, he was prolific at junior levels.

Re: News regarding ex County players

2481
G Guest wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 6:36 pm I thought that McNeil brought the best out of Bogle and is a better player than some on here are prepared to credit.
Agreed. Think he struggled to start with getting to grips with his first loan but as I said previously was getting better with each game, think if he had a season with us and not just the few months then it would have been a different story.

Re: News regarding ex County players

2482
Ugo. wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 8:21 pm
G Guest wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 6:36 pm I thought that McNeil brought the best out of Bogle and is a better player than some on here are prepared to credit.
Agreed. Think he struggled to start with getting to grips with his first loan but as I said previously was getting better with each game, think if he had a season with us and not just the few months then it would have been a different story.
I think that's why GC was keen to get him back. It's a big step up from U21 or U23 to men's football. I think a first loan playing with men opens their eyes to the work they need to do to flourish in the game...

Re: News regarding ex County players

2489
County ranger wrote: September 18th, 2023, 7:05 am
Percy plunkett wrote: September 16th, 2023, 8:47 pm Evan Cadwallader,who had a trial at Watford which didn’t work out for him.Another young player that GC has allowed to leave,currently playing for Cardiff MU.I will see him play next Friday,I will report back.
Standard he is playing would appear to endorse the decision to release - not sure what your point is?
One minute he is leaving because Watford want him.This suggests that he is above average also,GC had him in the 18 a few times at the time then,no mention of him and he is not in GC’s plans either.

Re: News regarding ex County players

2490
Percy plunkett wrote: September 18th, 2023, 8:23 am
County ranger wrote: September 18th, 2023, 7:05 am
Percy plunkett wrote: September 16th, 2023, 8:47 pm Evan Cadwallader,who had a trial at Watford which didn’t work out for him.Another young player that GC has allowed to leave,currently playing for Cardiff MU.I will see him play next Friday,I will report back.
Standard he is playing would appear to endorse the decision to release - not sure what your point is?
One minute he is leaving because Watford want him.This suggests that he is above average also,GC had him in the 18 a few times at the time then,no mention of him and he is not in GC’s plans either.
I think it boils down to the fact that no league two manager we've had in recent times, has been prepared to put their own reputation on developing young players of our own.

Butcher was, but he was forced into blooding too many at the same time.

Nobody will change my mind on this, our academy players are potentially good enough, but they aren't given the chance because it's a risk to the manager on a short term basis.

When they're releases, they're hardly going to be picked up by another league club, so it's into non league and try to work it back up. That's not an indication of their potential, but the reality of their being more players than available FL slots.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Torquay Exile