Re: Immigration What is the problem?

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 4th, 2023, 7:35 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 4th, 2023, 6:37 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: October 4th, 2023, 5:55 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 4th, 2023, 5:09 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: October 4th, 2023, 1:49 pm When some businessmen tells you I spotted a gap in the market, it normally translates as there were people I could exploit.

If you have a lot of takeaway restaurants with low usage, and you have people who don't drive, you can put the two together and deliver takeaways. That's not taking away existing jobs it's creating new ones by exploiting people with limited options.

The care sector, the patients have limited options, the staff limited options.

When the Hungarian empire broke up the Jews migrated to Poland and Germany. They were more successful than the locals because they had access to Jewish finance that the locals didn't, in order to start business. They worked hard, and the locals hated their success.

Does that ring any bells with immigrant community's in the UK? They are successful because the money that they make stays in their community, but it also brings wealth more generally as they trade, create or provide care or a service...............

It's complimentary, it helps generate wealth not diminish it.

I suppose you are partly right, it does help the illegal Drug industry. It puts more Drug Dealers on the streets. Keeps the police busy, when they could be doing something else, like making our streets a lot safer. Also helps other illegal activities to operate in our lovely country. We need to cut down on immigration (illegal immigration) end of.
You keep believing what your beloved party keeps telling you then, but it doesn't align with the facts, which is where we started.......

Everyone has their own opinion, including me. You must exercise your right to vote for the political party that aligns with your values, and I will do the same.

It's worth considering that we need to address issues surrounding illegal immigration. Many people share this belief, even if they may have difficulty admitting it.
If there was a route for legal asylum and immigration it would help no end.

Prohibition in America doubled the amount of bars and the amount drunk went up by a factor of 10. People went to the drugstore and purchased pure alcohol and bought flavours from elsewhere.

Migration figures are skewed by the amount of retirees nolonger leaving the UK for the Costa's, and elsewhere because of Brexit. These are older people who are now using our health services etc but not working, replacing foreign youngsters who needed to work hard just to survive....................
Sorry I'm being thick, who do you mean by foreign youngsters? You're right that we have an aging population but lets not forget these people have paid into the system all their lives.

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 5th, 2023, 6:32 am When an individual has chosen to be trafficked through a lot of Countries to reach the UK, do you think that was an opportunity that they thought shouldn't be missed?

It's because there is still a demand for slaves in this country, and that's what drives the criminal gangs. No demand at the end of the journey, no financial gain in trafficking.

What would have been the point in English shipping companies buying African slaves to sell to the cotton plantations if there was no demand?

It's beyond hypocrisy to not only blame the individuals, but also the traffickers, for the UK turning a blind eye to modern slavery. Thats the driver for people to travel through many countries, at huge risk and cost, to get here, simply to become a slave................
Agree with your points around addressing modern slavery. The modern world seems only to be able to acknowledge the transatlantic slave trade when it's something that has always existed and is sadly thriving today albeit in more of a bonded labour/indentured way rather than the chattel slavery most common in the 16th-19th centuries.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: October 5th, 2023, 11:32 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: October 4th, 2023, 7:35 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 4th, 2023, 6:37 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: October 4th, 2023, 5:55 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 4th, 2023, 5:09 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: October 4th, 2023, 1:49 pm When some businessmen tells you I spotted a gap in the market, it normally translates as there were people I could exploit.

If you have a lot of takeaway restaurants with low usage, and you have people who don't drive, you can put the two together and deliver takeaways. That's not taking away existing jobs it's creating new ones by exploiting people with limited options.

The care sector, the patients have limited options, the staff limited options.

When the Hungarian empire broke up the Jews migrated to Poland and Germany. They were more successful than the locals because they had access to Jewish finance that the locals didn't, in order to start business. They worked hard, and the locals hated their success.

Does that ring any bells with immigrant community's in the UK? They are successful because the money that they make stays in their community, but it also brings wealth more generally as they trade, create or provide care or a service...............

It's complimentary, it helps generate wealth not diminish it.

I suppose you are partly right, it does help the illegal Drug industry. It puts more Drug Dealers on the streets. Keeps the police busy, when they could be doing something else, like making our streets a lot safer. Also helps other illegal activities to operate in our lovely country. We need to cut down on immigration (illegal immigration) end of.
You keep believing what your beloved party keeps telling you then, but it doesn't align with the facts, which is where we started.......

Everyone has their own opinion, including me. You must exercise your right to vote for the political party that aligns with your values, and I will do the same.

It's worth considering that we need to address issues surrounding illegal immigration. Many people share this belief, even if they may have difficulty admitting it.
If there was a route for legal asylum and immigration it would help no end.

Prohibition in America doubled the amount of bars and the amount drunk went up by a factor of 10. People went to the drugstore and purchased pure alcohol and bought flavours from elsewhere.

Migration figures are skewed by the amount of retirees nolonger leaving the UK for the Costa's, and elsewhere because of Brexit. These are older people who are now using our health services etc but not working, replacing foreign youngsters who needed to work hard just to survive....................
Sorry I'm being thick, who do you mean by foreign youngsters? You're right that we have an aging population but lets not forget these people have paid into the system all their lives.
Of course, but they are unable to migrate to the Costa's now, so retire here instead. The young foreign workers from Europe no longer come for seasonal work, and were never included in the figures anyway, as they weren't migrants. That's what skews the figures. If you just look at figures it doesn't show any impact.

In Thatchers time, this country had numerous cases of criminal injustice due to the pressure put on police to solve a crime. They needed to get people banged up, to sort out the crime figures.

Hillsborough is an example of the police cocking up and blaming the fan's, because at the time unfortunately football fans were far too easy a target to blame.....

Today the villain's are immigrants, so all that matters is the figures, not what is behind the figures............