Re: Season tickets 2024/25

Jonesy3 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:38 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:18 pm It must be a real sickener for those with an inflated ego that once again my analysis of what Huw Jenkins would do regarding season tickets was right.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, irony thy name is Stan.
Vanity thy name is Stan, would have been closer to Shakespeare's original and possibly more accurate. And I shouldn't take pride in being far more astute than Jonesy and Bangit'. You both set a very low bar. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:45 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:18 pm It must be a real sickener for those with an inflated ego that once again my analysis of what Huw Jenkins would do regarding season tickets was right.

Vanity thy name is Stan, would have been closer to Shakespeare's original and possibly more accurate. And I shouldn't take pride in being far more astute than Jonesy and Bangit'. You both set a very low bar. :grin:
I'll explain paraphrasing to you another time. :wink:

Obviously you've joined me on the low bar as I agreed earlier that freezing season tickets is a good thing - especially for families like mine who shell out for four every season and have been doing so for the last 10 years. :lol:

Anyway, any comment on the fact that season tickets were frozen for four out of the last six seasons, or the doubling of pricing next season for kids aged 7-11? Or doesn't that fit your 'Huw good; Trust bad' narrative? (That's another literary paraphrase, by the way).

Exit, pursued by a bore.

Just a clarification. I qualified as a 'Senior' in July last year and would have got a season ticket but by that time I would have had to pay for the equivalent of 18 matches and felt it may not be economically sensible as I may not attend that number of matches.

But next season I should be able to get the early bird price, which seems sensible. The clarification I need is whether by buying a season ticket for next season I would still qualify for a 'Senior' reduction for 2025-26? And is the reduction just for one season or for every season afterwards, despite not being 65 until 2028?

Jonesy3 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 4:12 pm

Obviously you've joined me on the low bar as I agreed earlier that freezing season tickets is a good thing - especially for families like mine who shell out for four every season and have been doing so for the last 10 years. :lol:

Anyway, any comment on the fact that season tickets were frozen for four out of the last six seasons, or the doubling of pricing next season for kids aged 7-11? Or doesn't that fit your 'Huw good; Trust bad' narrative? (That's another literary paraphrase, by the way).

Exit, pursued by a bore.
If you are going to paraphrase you should not change both sides of the conjunction. In terms Vanity thy name is Stan is okay, Irony thy name is woman is okay. Irony thy name is Stan not so much. Also try to acknowledge the source, as I did by with Joe Pesci.

Exit, pursued by bore? Nice try. Let's hope Bangit' doesn't catch you. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 5:41 pm

Exit, pursued by a bore.
If you are going to paraphrase you should not change both sides of the conjunction. In terms Vanity thy name is Stan is okay, Irony thy name is woman is okay. Irony thy name is Stan not so much. Also try to acknowledge the source, as I did by with Joe Pesci.

One day you’ll actually answer a question rather than just bore us all with yet another display of onanistic self-obsession.

Jonesy3 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 9:07 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 5:41 pm

Exit, pursued by a bore.

One day you’ll actually answer a question rather than just bore us all with yet another display of onanistic self-obsession.
Let me answer your question. I have never been critical of the previous regime on the occasions when they held ticket prices. Indeed to the best my recall I commended them for not raising prices. Further if you read my posts I have said that I would not raise match day tickets, as it appears Huw Jenkins intends to do. Which is hardly in keeping with your assertion of me having a narrative.

So tell me. Why are you so happy with people who took your money, whilst lying to you?

Hope that helps.