Re: Chippenham Friendly

I think that most of the 'trialling' is actually done during the training sessions really. Is he showing up better than the other central midfielder etc. Regarding Reynolds though, sounds exciting, and very very fast. It's been a little while since we've had a player with real searing pace. Samuel was pretty fast, but looked like he slowed a lot after 10 yards, green was just a huge let down really. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

somerton moss wrote:If trialists cannot impress against this level of opposition might as well get rid now.
My worry and it has been for many a season is that with these cushy friendlies WE will be undercooked going into the new season. It seems to be a tradition playing the likes of Undy. Merthyr etc. but when County play Northampton and the worst scenario happens and a thrashing happens it not only demoralises players, there is a lot of head scratching going on and many more things to be put right after the last friendly ! Not the ideal time.
Surely it makes sense to play much better opposition and no disrespect to the clubs we have played and are playing. You will know for sure the trialists are good enough, because even the ones that are looking good now will they be against better opposition ?
A few Conference teams would be a better indicator surely the only benefit playing these friendlies are from a fitness point of view. Sorry to be the voice of doom but it's TRUE. (imho)

Doom monger /realist /miserable sod/voice of doom/anti Newport county .........delete as appropriate :lol: ( you know how pedantic some on here get).
You know your not allowed to post such sensible posts on here in fear of upsetting happy clappers :lol:
We beat a few 'farmers' ( sorry Bush) :lol: and we are now a team transformed from a side that avoided relegation by five minutes to a play off chasing side according to some on here.

I'd bite your hand off for us to finish 20th next season never mind play offs....As yet I can't see the evidence that we will by our signings and player retention from last season

neilcork68 wrote:
somerton moss wrote:If trialists cannot impress against this level of opposition might as well get rid now.
My worry and it has been for many a season is that with these cushy friendlies WE will be undercooked going into the new season. It seems to be a tradition playing the likes of Undy. Merthyr etc. but when County play Northampton and the worst scenario happens and a thrashing happens it not only demoralises players, there is a lot of head scratching going on and many more things to be put right after the last friendly ! Not the ideal time.
Surely it makes sense to play much better opposition and no disrespect to the clubs we have played and are playing. You will know for sure the trialists are good enough, because even the ones that are looking good now will they be against better opposition ?
A few Conference teams would be a better indicator surely the only benefit playing these friendlies are from a fitness point of view. Sorry to be the voice of doom but it's TRUE. (imho)

Doom monger /realist /miserable sod/voice of doom/anti Newport county .........delete as appropriate :lol: ( you know how pedantic some on here get).
You know your not allowed to post such sensible posts on here in fear of upsetting happy clappers :lol:
We beat a few 'farmers' ( sorry Bush) :lol: and we are now a team transformed from a side that avoided relegation by five minutes to a play off chasing side according to some on here.

I'd bite your hand off for us to finish 20th next season never mind play offs....As yet I can't see the evidence that we will by our signings and player retention from last season
Corky, why whenever somebody disagrees with you they automatically become "happy clappers", have you ever thought that maybe they have there worries but unlike you they will give the team a chance before slagging everyone off.
Last edited by daftasfxxx on July 19th, 2017, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

The following line up, in my view, will do ok:

Day
Pipe O'Brien Bennett Demetriou Butler
Labadie Tozer
Dolan
Nouble Reynolds

Subs:
Bittner, Turley, Bobb, Wilmott, TOE, Rigg, Jackson / Williams

A bit thin on the ground at CB and up front but I reckon the XI above, playing regularly, will be enough for a mid table finish.

faerun exile wrote:The following line up, in my view, will do ok:

Day
Labadie Tozer
Dolan
Nouble Reynolds

Subs:

A bit thin on the ground at CB and up front but I reckon the XI above, playing regularly, will be enough for a mid table finish.

Two players with no pre season behind them....I think you may have to wait a few weeks for MF to pick that side ?????

your in for it when Harps sees your side.........you havent put Wilmott in the starting 11 :lol:

faerun exile wrote:The following line up, in my view, will do ok:

Day
Labadie Tozer
Dolan
Nouble Reynolds

Subs:

Day

Pipe
O'Brien
Demetriou
Butler

Dolan
Labadie
Rigg

Wilmott
Nouble
Reynolds

NEW GK
Jazzi
Bennett
TOE
Tozer
Jackson
Toure

Harps62 wrote:The only change to that Sully would be Tozer instead of Labadie and I would like to see Pipey as Captain.
Williams got to be on the bench to start as well.

Who knows what if any trialists will get a contract also.
Fair points Harps, I would go for Tozer over Labsdie if he's 100% committed and focuses. I like the idea of an unknown youth player on the bench like Toure.

Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Makes me laugh all those knocking Reynolds even before he has kicked a ball.
You know who you all are Doom Mongers.
We will be sensational this season.
Top 6 for sure.
Reynolds, Marlon, Nouble and Robbie up front for starters.
Bush you do make me laugh.
Farmers be buggered.
Got the fella in charge and a superb back up team.
Its only friendlies but the omens are good so far.

PS Sandall still scoring.
Sign him up for 15 minute Cameos + 1 goal a game. :wink:
Remember harps if we don't start the season well I won't be making a **** of myself like you did last season slating everyone.
Tell me more.
Slating everyone?
Are you hallucinating Bush.
Fair play Marlon was Jeffers reincarnation and Mary was poor.
Tell it how you find it I say.
How is that slating everyone and making a fool of myself.
Would rather be positive than be a miserable depressive like you.
Sorry but that's how you come across Bush.
Is it twice or 3 times I have tried to put a bet on with you for charity of your choice.
Well here's a fourth attempt £20 this time.
Marlon, Robbie, Reynolds and Nouble will all score between them over 30 goals barring injury.
Come on Man up and have a bet.
Remind me to accept bets from you in the future harps!!!

neilcork68 wrote in July:-

I know it's only just past the halfway stage but maybe MF was heading in the right direction with his selections after all. :)

Evening Bush
This 3 embedded nonsense doesn't help.
The thing is Bush you didn't although I would of been more than happy to cough up £20 for the charity of your choice.
You have missed one thing out though as it was barring injury.
Just putting on my crash helmet before continuing.
We all know that Marlon would be on about 15 at the half way mark and also Flynny after our discussion went out and bought 2 no hopers in Padraig & McCoulsky.
Thanks for digging that out.
Remember you could of had a nice donation for your charity.
No idea what the other bets were but if you can find them would be good fun
Cheers

Harps

ps remember always take my bet.