Re: News regarding ex County players

George Street-Bridge wrote: April 30th, 2022, 11:08 am Labadie out for most of next season with an ACL, likewise Conor Wilkinson so that's a slice of Walsall's budget. So many of these, it has to be all those knee slides, surely?
Believe this is the 2nd time for this injury for Labadie. Once ruptured or permanently stretched the ACL will always likely have a weakness, as I can personally testify to. Don't recall Labadie being a knee-slider, although my memory may be faulty.
I'm no sports injury expert, but in my experience ACL injuries are most likely to occur as a result of a sudden twisting movement rather than a knee slide.

Re: News regarding ex County players

George Street-Bridge wrote: May 1st, 2022, 8:17 am I was just thinking knee slides must put strain on ligaments which might then be more likely to go in other situations. Apparently it's not the same one Labadie did last time.
It's certainly an interesting topic, and agree that knee slides must put unnecessary strain on what I believe are 4 ligaments in the knee joints. Would like to hear what medical experts views are on the subject. I believe some people are blessed with a genetic advantage of greater elasticity in their ligaments.