Re: News regarding ex County players

Percy plunkett wrote: May 30th, 2022, 4:21 pm Timmy released by Fulham.JR did say he would love to keep all the loan players the other week.Let’s hope he was just being diplomatic.
I suggest you write James Rowberry a letter Percy. And I imagine as he will at the AGM I suggest you go along and make your views known. Although there are those who believe that as you have never elected to apply for the job of County manager you should not be allowed to comment on team selection. As for myself I believe that on a football message board, other than being offensive, people should be allowed to say what they think. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 30th, 2022, 7:02 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: May 30th, 2022, 4:21 pm Timmy released by Fulham.JR did say he would love to keep all the loan players the other week.Let’s hope he was just being diplomatic.
I suggest you write James Rowberry a letter Percy. And I imagine as he will at the AGM I suggest you go along and make your views known. Although there are those who believe that as you have never elected to apply for the job of County manager you should not be allowed to comment on team selection. As for myself I believe that on a football message board, other than being offensive, people should be allowed to say what they think. :grin:
I haven’t got any coaching badges so,I cannot apply for the job although,around about 1979,I was asked on camera about the team and,I said that Aldridge had the potential to play at a much higher level.There were some next to me looking gobsmacked at me in disbelief that I had the nerve to say that this young inexperienced guy could be that good.I only wish I could see that now to say “I told you so”.I don’t think there would be anyone on here who would disagree with me that Timmy isn’t a very good footballer.

Percy plunkett wrote: May 30th, 2022, 7:54 pm
I haven’t got any coaching badges so,I cannot apply for the job although,around about 1979,I was asked on camera about the team and,I said that Aldridge had the potential to play at a much higher level.There were some next to me looking gobsmacked at me in disbelief that I had the nerve to say that this young inexperienced guy could be that good.I only wish I could see that now to say “I told you so”.I don’t think there would be anyone on here who would disagree with me that Timmy isn’t a very good footballer.
In which case, as you don't have your coaching badges do you really think you are entitled to express an opinion on the abilities of professional footballers on a football message board? And let's be honest everyone on here doesn't have their coaching badges. Who are they to express an opinion?

I think everyone has the right to say what they think. It may be the case that everyone on here doesn't think Timmy is a good footballer. My problem is that not everyone on here thinks we all have a right to express an opinion.

I venture to suggest that while saying what they think, it’s within their choice whether to be offensive or not 😂 The consequences are of course, theirs too.

UPTHEPORT wrote: June 9th, 2022, 7:16 am
DeePeeNCAFC wrote: June 8th, 2022, 11:11 pm Chris Todd new assistant manager at Yeovil.

A bit further down the road, Jay Foulston has signed for Taunton.
Are Taunton still paying good money heard a few local lads from the Welsh system travel over
I was down at Exeter City today to referee an academy game v Southampton and I asked a few of the coaches: they confirmed that Taunton and Tiverton are both strong, well-funded local non-league teams who are paying players good appearance money.

We got talking about how Exeter City are funding their training centre - apparently it was paid for wholly by the fee they received when they sold Matt Grimes (to Swansea?) and improvements since have been by the sale and later bonuses from Ethan Ampadu going to Chelsea. Ollie Watkins’ move to Brentford paid for improvements to St James Park and funding the first team.

It’s a great business model they have and it shows - 4 separate coaches for each academy age group, they hire out the 4G floodlit pitch at their training centre and it’s fully booked 7 nights a week. They’ve kept players’ wages realistic but entice new players into the area with a good relocation fee funded by the directors.