Re: News regarding ex County players

G Guest wrote:An argument broke out between Tom King and Liam Shephard during the game between Crawley and Salford. Shephard said something to King following a goal mouth scramble when Salford had difficulty clearing the ball. King chased after him and shoved him force ably in the back. That Salford team does not look happy at the moment.
From the Salford City ‘Red Ammies’ forum:-

‘I checked the stats near the end and King hadn’t made a single save. But again tonight he showed he’d rather punch than catch. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I’m really not sure about him. I never want to see two of our players square up to each other again. Two new players as well, who have apparently bought into the ethos of the club. That was a disgrace. For my money, I thought King should have come out for at least one of those balls and commanded his area.’

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:
G Guest wrote:An argument broke out between Tom King and Liam Shephard during the game between Crawley and Salford. Shephard said something to King following a goal mouth scramble when Salford had difficulty clearing the ball. King chased after him and shoved him force ably in the back. That Salford team does not look happy at the moment.

‘I checked the stats near the end and King hadn’t made a single save. But again tonight he showed he’d rather punch than catch. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I’m really not sure about him. I never want to see two of our players square up to each other again. Two new players as well, who have apparently bought into the ethos of the club. That was a disgrace. For my money, I thought King should have come out for at least one of those balls and commanded his area.’
This is exactly why I wasn’t sad to see King go. He never looked comfortable on crosses into his box, while it’s one of the best aspects of Townsend’s game.

Dogger wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:

This is exactly why I wasn’t sad to see King go. He never looked comfortable on crosses into his box, while it’s one of the best aspects of Townsend’s game.
I was well happy when Day rejoined, however I’ve seen all three league and cup games live, and I think he needs to be very careful as I feel the gap between him and Townsend has closed significantly.