Calling all Numismatists

Any avid coin collectors out there? Bit of a (some call it boring) hobby of mine. I have lots of £2, £1 (old type) and 50p coins available for swaps if anyone is interested.

I am particularly looking for a Olympic football 50p, 50p Kew Gardens (who isn't), £2 Great Fire and £2 Shakespeare comedies. Have a Northern Ireland Commonwealth £2 coin for suitable swap if anyone is interested. Other coins available on request.

Re: Calling all Numismatists

Exile 1976 wrote:Sorry Pembs, just looked in my sons 50p savings jar (he only saves 50p pieces for some reason) and the only ones he has out of the usual are the following :-

* 2012 Olympics Women's volleyball
* Battle of Hastings
* Beatrix Potter
* Mrs Tiggywinkle
* Peter Rabbit

Will keep an eye out for you
Good man Exile. If you don't mind, keep hold of the Mrs Tiggywinkle, Beatrix Potter and Peter Rabbit. I may make you an offer for them sometime. I make up sets of them. 9 in a set at the moment. Told you this was boring!!!!!

Percy plunkett wrote:Apparently they made a mistake in 1983 and did a few 2p coins with new on them.If you have one it could be worth up to £100.
Think it may be a little bit more than that actually, but that's a good ball park figure.

For newer coins I have a 12 sided new £1 coin with 2016 on the Queens head side and 2017 on the other. Can't find out how much that is worth yet. Don't think it will be enough to retire on unfortunately.

pembsexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Sorry Pembs, just looked in my sons 50p savings jar (he only saves 50p pieces for some reason) and the only ones he has out of the usual are the following :-

* 2012 Olympics Women's volleyball
* Battle of Hastings
* Beatrix Potter
* Mrs Tiggywinkle
* Peter Rabbit

Will keep an eye out for you
Good man Exile. If you don't mind, keep hold of the Mrs Tiggywinkle, Beatrix Potter and Peter Rabbit. I may make you an offer for them sometime. I make up sets of them. 9 in a set at the moment. Told you this was boring!!!!!

Will do. I find it interesting in fairness.
Every time I go to the US i always try to collect the full set of states on the quarters , fail miserably and then give them to the kids to buy sweets. Haha.

pembsexile wrote:Any avid coin collectors out there? Bit of a (some call it boring) hobby of mine. I have lots of £2, £1 (old type) and 50p coins available for swaps if anyone is interested.

I am particularly looking for a Olympic football 50p, 50p Kew Gardens (who isn't), £2 Great Fire and £2 Shakespeare comedies. Have a Northern Ireland Commonwealth £2 coin for suitable swap if anyone is interested. Other coins available on request.
Pembs

My daughter is an engraver at the Royal Mint.
She was responsible for the 2006 Victoria Cross Medal 50P
Guess what still looking for a Kew.
Also need Benjamin Britten.
Have none of the 2002 Commonwealths
Missing both Olympic Handovers
When was the £2 Great fire issued as again not got that.
Only collect from change given to me.
Is the football 50P Offside Explained? as have that
Cheers

Harps

Harps62 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Any avid coin collectors out there? Bit of a (some call it boring) hobby of mine. I have lots of £2, £1 (old type) and 50p coins available for swaps if anyone is interested.

Pembs

My daughter is an engraver at the Royal Mint.
She was responsible for the 2006 Victoria Cross Medal 50P
Guess what still looking for a Kew.
Also need Benjamin Britten.
Have none of the 2002 Commonwealths
Missing both Olympic Handovers
When was the £2 Great fire issued as again not got that.
Only collect from change given to me.
Is the football 50P Offside Explained? as have that
Cheers

Harps
Hi Harps. That is an interesting job your daughter has. I have a few of the Victoria Cross coins.

I have the Benjamin Britten available for a swap and also have one of the Olympic handovers. Would you be prepared to swap for the football offside? That is the one I need.

The Great Fire is from 2016. It is part of the set of 39 different £2 coins.

If you are interested in swapping please PM me and I am sure we can sort something. Thanks.

excessbee wrote:Now look what you've done! :lol:
I had no idea there was all this variety in the coins in my pocket. I'm going to be checking my 50p coins now. Just got one with FIFTY PENCE and a dictionary definition from Samuel Johnson. Expect it's worth 50p.
Enjoy your coin hunting!

For information, the Samual Johnson and FIFTY PENCE coin are part of a 'general set' of 26 fifty pence pieces currently in use. They are possibly worth a little bit more than face value. More info' regarding prices is available on eBay.

If you like 50p coins you may wish to know that there is also a Beatrix Potter set of 9 coins in circulation. 5 were released last year and 4 this year. I have a 'Brilliant Uncirculated' set of these. They are pretty good if I say so myself.

Also there are also 29 London Olympic 2012 coins in circulation. These days it is quite difficult to get a set from general circulation. The Royal Mint estimate that of all the Olympic coins that were issued in 2011/12 only approximately 30% are left in circulation. The rest have been taken out of circulation for collection by numbskulls like me. :grin: