Re: Nouble

ref23 wrote:Akinfenwa is fantastic. I think Frank could be better if we get behind him. Clearly a confidence sort of guy - let's give him confidence.
I don't think confidence is enough sadly - he lacks the ability in my opinion. He has no end product either through assists or goals.

Mr Figo wrote:
ref23 wrote:Akinfenwa is fantastic. I think Frank could be better if we get behind him. Clearly a confidence sort of guy - let's give him confidence.
I don't think confidence is enough sadly - he lacks the ability in my opinion. He has no end product either through assists or goals.
Not sure I agree on that, but each to their own.

Mr Figo wrote:
Lacks ability.
Ridiculous.
Total class at this level.
Nobody can match his ball control.
Better players around him and he would be superb.
Flynny sort it out please before he gets fed up.
Wasn't luck the way he played against Chesterfield.
He needs tidy ball not just a hoof in the air which he gets 95% of the time.
He is not an aereal player but likes everything on the floor.
Could be a legend with the correct players around him

Percy plunkett wrote:One goal since Chesterfield I think,and that took a big deflection.Not many assists and few shots on target.
Give over.
Who would you pick in his place then.
Trouble is the fella is too good for our level.

Harps62 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:One goal since Chesterfield I think,and that took a big deflection.Not many assists and few shots on target.
Give over.
Really? If he's that good how come he has had so many other clubs - even at a higher level? In my opinion he lacks the awareness that other players require for this level. Idon't want to bang on about Akinfenwa but his awareness is streets ahead of Frank - he can hit one touch passes to a player simply by looking before he receives the ball - which Frank rarely does. That's the difference - all this running about usually ends in no end product because by the time he decides to do something he is shut down by the opposition. As for ball control - unpredictable at best - sometimes his touch ends up in the stands. Prove me wrong Frank - but what I have seen so far is not enough.

He needs some sound advice about his strengths and weaknesses because at the moment Frank is playing in the wrong areas of the pitch to be a goal threat or cause problems to teams defences. He needs to pass the ball more and receive so he can use his power through the middle (pass and go into the box) and cause especially their centre backs problems.
Must keep the ball on the floor more because not an aerial threat and wins few headers from goal kicks, set pieces etc.
Frank needs to reassess his game use his pace, power and quick feet where he hurts the opposition in and around the box. Not take an extra touch, shoot first time before defenders and keeper have chance to block and reposition.
COME ON FRANK YOU CAN AND WILL PROVE US WRONG ! TODAY PLEASE !

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:Never really understood the need for supporters to player bash, bash, bash on here or even worse during a game,. This season is mid table with mostly mid table players that bad
It not bashing him -I think the early season promise that has faded away is why we are commenting. He reminds me of Robert Duffy - a striker that just makes people shake their heads in frustration...

Like I said the fella is class with the correct players around him would be superb.
Can understand his frustration.
We all agree I think he should play down the middle but with nobody out wide it wont happen.
Come on Flynny change things about.

Harps62 wrote:
Give over.
No,he thinks he's better than he is.He keeps the ball when he should play it,last seconds against Mansfield,and he plays it when he should keep it,PV and Barnet that cost us points.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Harps62 wrote:
Give over.
No,he thinks he's better than he is.He keeps the ball when he should play it,last seconds against Mansfield,and he plays it when he should keep it,PV and Barnet that cost us points.
You didn't answer.
"Who would you pick in his place"?

excessbee wrote:You're not bashing him, but you compare him to Duffy. Now there's a contradiction.
Contradiction?- poor scoring and assist record and most of the crowd with their heads in their hands, I would say they are fairly similar in these respects and as a striker what they should be judged on.

Mr Figo wrote:
Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:Never really understood the need for supporters to player bash, bash, bash on here or even worse during a game,. This season is mid table with mostly mid table players that bad
It not bashing him -I think the early season promise that has faded away is why we are commenting. He reminds me of Robert Duffy - a striker that just makes people shake their heads in frustration...
Sorry but that is nuts.
Duffy only scored one goal for us but hit far better form once leaving us, actually very good record at Mansfield.
Never got anywhere near the standard Frank has achieved.
Its up to Flynny to play him in the correct position and its nuts that contributors state he goes out wide to hide.
Do you really think Flynny, Lennie etc would put up with that.
Now if you were talking a few years back about Klukowski I would agree with that situation.