Re: Nouble

Would be interesting to see how many minutes of football Big Frank has played so far this season . Anyone on here good with stats ?? :wink:

I can't think of many games where he hasn't started ?

For me , Nouble will always be one of the first names on the team sheet as he will always take about 3 defenders out of the game and create space for others . He does seem to tire in the last quarter of a game , but you can't fault his work rate most of the time .
With someone with pace going outside him after he's held the ball up , we could cause some damage .
I agree that he could be due a rest though ?

Corpaboy wrote:Would be interesting to see how many minutes of football Big Frank has played so far this season . Anyone on here good with stats ?? :wink:

I can't think of many games where he hasn't started ?

For me , Nouble will always be one of the first names on the team sheet as he will always take about 3 defenders out of the game and create space for others . He does seem to tire in the last quarter of a game , but you can't fault his work rate most of the time .
With someone with pace going outside him after he's held the ball up , we could cause some damage .
I agree that he could be due a rest though ?
2,101 minutes according to this website -

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/frank-n ... ler/119123

Nouble is a team player, no doubt. And he has my respect for that. I'd have in the team at Cheltenham without doubt.

If I were picking the side, what I would do different is that I would also pick Amond and McCoulsky. Nouble puts in a big enough shift defensively to allow us three strikers in my opinion, but the result of that is that he's too shattered to give his absolute best going forward. Proper team player.

I don't get the "love in" with Frank - a couple of pirouettes and people go weak at the knees.Also this business of taking 3 defenders away with him is true but most of the time he gets tackled and loses the ball. I can see why clubs have got frustrated with him. At Wycombe he was woeful and when he did find space could not even find a player in the 18 yard box or more than one occasion. I can see why County fans like him - he likes to have a go when he can be bothered but for me his touch is unpredictable and for a big lad he hardly wins a header. Just not enough at this level when you at some of the other strikers - Akinfenwa being a prime example. He's less mobile but wins more and can even score a goal or two. Granted the wages would be a potential stumbling block.

Mr Figo wrote:I don't get the "love in" with Frank - a couple of pirouettes and people go weak at the knees.Also this business of taking 3 defenders away with him is true but most of the time he gets tackled and loses the ball. I can see why clubs have got frustrated with him. At Wycombe he was woeful and when he did find space could not even find a player in the 18 yard box or more than one occasion. I can see why County fans like him - he likes to have a go when he can be bothered but for me his touch is unpredictable and for a big lad he hardly wins a header. Just not enough at this level when you at some of the other strikers - Akinfenwa being a prime example. He's less mobile but wins more and can even score a goal or two. Granted the wages would be a potential stumbling block.
I’d swap him for Akinfenwa in a heartbeat

An enigma has the ability but has been very predictable as us supporters know is positioned mostly wide out on the flanks which is much easier to stop and prevent the attacking threat. He should be running more directly down the middle into the oppositions box and causing havoc, and possibly more penalties. Not good in the air so not a great target man and for his size makes it far too easy for opposition centre backs to mark him,they find his predictable play easy too handle.
Such a frustrating player who can be a much better striker if he does not over complicate things more direct through the centre and more shots at goal before being trapped in a corner.
Certainly would bring back Aaron Williams full of confidence and lots to prove a dangerous combination.

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:I don't get the "love in" with Frank - a couple of pirouettes and people go weak at the knees.Also this business of taking 3 defenders away with him is true but most of the time he gets tackled and loses the ball. I can see why clubs have got frustrated with him. At Wycombe he was woeful and when he did find space could not even find a player in the 18 yard box or more than one occasion. I can see why County fans like him - he likes to have a go when he can be bothered but for me his touch is unpredictable and for a big lad he hardly wins a header. Just not enough at this level when you at some of the other strikers - Akinfenwa being a prime example. He's less mobile but wins more and can even score a goal or two. Granted the wages would be a potential stumbling block.
I’d swap him for Akinfenwa in a heartbeat
+1, totally unplayable Box Day.